Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mercedes-Benz unveiled a new infotainment system called MBUX at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).

Short for Mercedes-Benz User Experience, MBUX has the ability to learn thanks to artificial intelligence, which means it can be individualized and adapts to the user. The system is also designed to be future-proof by supporting over the air (OTA) updates. MBUX will enter series production in 2018 in the new A-Class, found in the high-resolution Widescreen Cockpit with touchscreen operation, navigation display with augmented reality technology plus intelligent voice control with natural speech recognition. Like other modern devices that support voice recognition, MBUX can be activated by the words, 'Hey Mercedes.'
Read more about the Mercedes is Finally Updating its Infotainment System at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If, and when, this will be made available on the Vito / Metris interiors it will be in the model following the W447.... in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
196 Posts
good looking instrument cluster :), I just wonder for what is the steering wheel incorporated in it. ;-)
I would presume, at the point of this instrument cluster being available the Benz will drive it self, maybe even with it's own satellite :)I would prefer maybe Metris 4x4 with at minimum 15" clearance from the ground, to clear the rocks on a dirt road. :) All ready one time stuck in the sand of Joshua Tree park :) It takes a lot to get it unstuck :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
When it comes to layout and easy reach of the Metris communications and infotainment system they should have taken the layout page from a Saab. The buttons on my 2018 Metris on the right side of the screen point away from the driver which is really strange. A really archaic design for a modern vehicle.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If that is made available in the Metris I somehow doubt that dash will be standard....too expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts