Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was watching the new Terminator movie last night at the theater and I happened to notice that the "Metris" looking van in the movie actually said Vito on the back. Not sure if this is a subtle hint from MB of a coming name change or just a leftover from another movie? The van did have Texas plates so i'm not sure how a Euro spec van would end up in the states.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello all,

I was watching the new Terminator movie last night at the theater and I happened to notice that the "Metris" looking van in the movie actually said Vito on the back. Not sure if this is a subtle hint from MB of a coming name change or just a leftover from another movie? The van did have Texas plates so i'm not sure how a Euro spec van would end up in the states.

Thoughts?
I haven't seen the movie, but apparently parts of it were shot in Spain, among other countries. I wouldn't be surprised if scenes set in Texas were actually shot abroad, and the van was sourced locally.

·
Registered
862 Posts
How about "Vitoria" or better still "Crown Vitoria?"

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Actually it has been named Vito in Europe since the mid 90s, ever since it went away from being a cab-forward layout. However it doesn’t have the implication there that it has among Americans who watched The Godfather.

when I first heard confirmation MB was bringing their midsize van here, they hadn’t announced their name. When I mentioned it as the Vito to some friends of mine, all of them, to a man, made a joke about The Godfather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it would be cool if they changed over to the European naming convention, before they get too much brand recognition to change it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts