Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
TBD
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got some info at pacific coast campers today, that the Reimo pop top has more headroom than the SCA 152. I'm on the hunt to confirm.
I did find this info..The standard “Superflat” Reimo roof has less headroom height at the front than the SCA, but can have a cantilever bed option offering greater headroom downstairs if needed.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Your primary interest is rolling headroom, yes? Without the poptop deployed. I think that bit there is about the top deployed. SCA is a better top in my opinion. It's taller at the short end.

·
Premium Member
TBD
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Maybe I should state my question better. I’m refering to the headroom below the pop top, while passengers are sitting in the Reimo 3000 bed/bench seat. I was told the Reimo pop top provides more headroom than the SCA 152 for the passengers sitting below.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Maybe I should state my question better. I’m refering to the headroom below the pop top, while passengers are sitting in the Reimo 3000 bed/bench seat. I was told the Reimo pop top provides more headroom than the SCA 152 for the passengers sitting below.
You will need to validate that for both the new Reimo 3000 bench design vs old because there have been changes. I'm told the newer is lower. There have also been changes in the 152 top design with regard to the ceiling area being cloth vs solid material. Additionally, there are different ways to mount the Reimo seat, but I'm guessing you want primarily the the Grizzly rails.

Either poptop "ceiling" is going to be farther from the finished flooring than the stock headliner. So if you are at all concerned about a seat that is usable in a van without a poptop then height is more critical.

I'd be surprised if there was any more than an inch of difference in the tops.

Reimo top

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
375 Posts
Great photo.
Guessing, from my phone, but iirc the side door opening height is 49” to the floor (can’t check till weekend) … and with the wheel well housing curving up & the high part concealed … 13” under the bench?
Probably could be extrapolated with whatever visible floor width = just shy of 48“ between wheel wells.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts