Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have looked all over the forum and the googles to locate information on the curtains that MB/westfalia use for their Marco polo vans. I’m interested in these exact units because I imagine they don’t interfere with the side airbags in the passenger models. Does anyone know where to find these?

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have looked all over the forum and the googles to locate information on the curtains that MB/westfalia use for their Marco polo vans. I’m interested in these exact units because I imagine they don’t interfere with the side airbags in the passenger models. Does anyone know where to find these?
Looked at the same and will get mine from ebay Germany. there are a couple of sellers out there. Might be not feasible with shipping to the US but mine will be in return suite case when I am back in Germany to visit family;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-V...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l9372

https://www.ebay.de/itm/MERCEDES-VI...482887?hash=item3d4ea5a247:g:fNEAAOSwGzhaBWfx

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Sonnenschut...308442?hash=item2f15638c5a:g:HWYAAOSwZA1ZjA5y

·
Registered
939 Posts
A4478105701 RIGHT SLIDING DOOR
A4478105301 LEFT SLIDING DOOR
A4478106000 RIGHT GRAB RAIL
A4478105700 LEFT GRAB RAIL

Sometimes you guys post things I just gotta see for myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A4478105701 RIGHT SLIDING DOOR
A4478105301 LEFT SLIDING DOOR
A4478106000 RIGHT GRAB RAIL
A4478105700 LEFT GRAB RAIL

Sometimes you guys post things I just gotta see for myself.
RobbMeeX thanks so much for the dealer insight! What’s the best way to order these?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just installed a set of these
Van Curtains for Metris: https://www.upfittersresource.com/products/van-curtains-for-mercedes-benz-metris

The trickiest parts were the two rear side windows since the top rails attach to the headliner. I ended up using a flat 1/2 inch wide, 3 foot long strip of aluminum (1/16 inch thick) placed on the inside of the headliner to screw the rail to, sandwiching the headliner material. The rest of the rails were easy since they attach to plastic around the windows.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sure, I will take some pictures later and post them. They do look exactly like the ones on the Upfitters resource website. They are black on the window side so they aren’t very visible from the outside through the tinted glass.

One other tip about these is that the snaps are noisy but it is possible to silence them. Each window has four button snaps. When these snaps are unsnapped and you are driving, the snaps rattle, which is annoying. Each snap has a metal ring that moves freely inside the snap and makes the rattling sound when driving.

I used a half inch hole punch to make 20 disks of thin felt from a sheet of felt and then poked one disk behind each metal ring to dampen the rattles. They worked perfectly and didn’t interfere with the function of the snaps although they aren’t as snappy with the felt inside the buttons. I may try to add some glue behind the felt but they don’t seem like they will fall out too easily and are easily replaced if they do.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
434 Posts
If you can find snaps at a fabric store that can mate to the snaps you have on the curtains you can use half the snaps as dummy snaps to quiet the rattle. In other words take new snaps and make small tabs with only one side of the snap. Snap that to the curtain. Unsnap it when you need to snap to the curtain. Or switch to velcro.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you can find snaps at a fabric store that can mate to the snaps you have on the curtains you can use half the snaps as dummy snaps to quiet the rattle. In other words take new snaps and make small tabs with only one side of the snap. Snap that to the curtain. Unsnap it when you need to snap to the curtain. Or switch to velcro.
This would work as long as the snap is snug. If it were loose, then it may still rattle.

One good thing about using felt disks as dampeners is that the snaps function as original. You don’t have to take out the felt to snap the snaps. The felt just gets compressed a little inside the buttons when the snaps are used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts