Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I was under the distinct impression that Westphalia was owned by Mercedes itself - I Remember a huge cry out in the VW world when that happened.

I was apparently right but outdated- They spin off again in 2008 and were then bought out of bankruptcy in 2011.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was apparently right but outdated- They spin off again in 2008 and were then bought out of bankruptcy in 2011.
And now they’re buying Roadtrek out of bankruptcy. So experience at turning companies around. Plus experience working with Mercedes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or just a desire to own too many brand names.
Does seem like Rapido SAS has a history of acquisition, with Westfalia as their crown jewel. But Mercedes has a "long-standing collaboration with the expert partner, Westfalia" on the Marco Polo. So Mercedes probably isn't going to import the V Class just for Rapido, but Rapido/Westfalia makes a number of small campers; building one on the Metris wouldn't be a stretch.

Too late for me anyway. I've a conversion order in with Peace Vans and looking forward to some Fall travels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take a look at the Ford Nugget (e.g Ford Transit) at motor1.com/news/301697/ford-transit-custom-nugget-camper.. the interior is by Westfalia. With Westfalia possibly entering the north american market via the Rapdo SAS acquisition, maybe add'l colloboration with Ford and Mercedes in N. America also??

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,334 Posts
Take a look at the Ford Nugget (e.g Ford Transit) at motor1.com/news/301697/ford-transit-custom-nugget-camper.. the interior is by Westfalia. With Westfalia possibly entering the north american market via the Rapdo SAS acquisition, maybe add'l colloboration with Ford and Mercedes in N. America also??
I like that one a lot. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts