Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting, but have had my 135 cargo for about a year and love it. Currently have the stock 17" steel wheels (painted black) and looking to upgrade. Plan is to get some Mandrus Atlas wheels and BFG KO2 in 225/65/17. The wheels come in 2 different offset options, 32mm and 25mm so not sure which would work best. Anyone have experience with this wheel/tire combo? I have seen some posts that mention they fit with stock height van but no mention of the offset. Open to other suggestions on wheels too. I like the Rial M10 as well. They're cheaper but on backorder for several months.

Mandrus Atlas

Rial M10

Also I have a set of stock 17" alloy wheels up for grabs in SoCal area if anyone is interested. Still on the fence about using them for the upgrade if I can't find any info on the Atlas wheels. DM me if interested.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Those Mandrus Bremen look nice. Similar to V Class wheels.

If you plug the van into Tire Rack you get those m10's with 48mm off-set.

Personally I think the 6 point wheels are more fitting for the tire you picked. I feel like the 5 point start wants a less aggressive tread.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
375 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

My aesthetic & practical vote would be for the 6 spoke (as long as that is technically suitable).
They look more rugged and substantial than the 5 twin spoke skinny leg wheel ...

I have the same alloy wheels ... and I spend more time cleaning them, than any other vehicle + wheels + interior combined. I have thought about painting them black. I am so over the dust & grime every week or two.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ditto -- the 6 spoke should look better with the KOs. But those black steelies look good!

Thank you for having 270 barn doors, and welcome!

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is no doubt the BFG KO2 are proven on and off-road tires and have a rugged, beefy look, but I ended up going with with lighter tires. BFG KO2 225/65/r17s are 39 lbs each! That is 13 more pounds that the stock tires at each corner. Adding 52 lbs of rotating unsprung weight can be a performance hit. Some would say you will only be losing about 5HP (the motor will work harder spinning those tires and less power available to accelerate). My intuition is you have to combine that with the higher profile, and more drag (more air passing under the van) so the result is a noticeable loss in performance. Maybe the wheels you are looking at are lighter that the stock wheel so you can compensate for the extra tire weight?

I went with Toyo Open Country III 225/60/r17 which are 30 lbs each (4 lbs more than the Hankooks). They are rated at 1929 lbs load (not as much as the BFG KO2s, but more than the stocks). The Toyo 65's are the same weight as the 60's. The Falken Wilkpeaks are 31 lbs at 225/65/r17 and have the same load rating as my Toyos I think.

You may want off-road capability, or a different look, than the Toyos or Falkens provide so make the choice that is right for you. Just suggesting a consideration...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve had the KOs on my last 2 vehicles and they have been great that’s why I was going with them. Not doing much offroading with 6” of ground clearance. But definitely having a look at the Falkens too now, they have the same size. Thanks.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Where you buying the Mandrus wheels from, online or locally? Check the finish over carefully. I'm in the middle of trying to get solved some QC issues with another Mandrus style I received.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts