Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a warning light on the dash display yesterday that is the 'lightbulb with exclamation mark in center' with the word MALFUNCTION next to it. The owners manual describes this as a general problem with exterior lighting or a hitch fuse that should be brought to the service center. I don't have the hitch wiring hooked up and all fuses are ok; I have checked the function of all the exterior lighting and they work fine. There is one bulb in the bottom of the passenger side tail lamp that doesn't light but as I understand it those bottom bulbs are for the rear fog lamp feature and is only supposed to light on the drivers side. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I'm at the end of a conversion of the cargo area I'm concerned the lighting wire bundle may be pinched off somewhere in the build. The fault comes up after hitting the brake lights yet all perform well. I would guess a minor grounding somewhere that comes up as an extra current draw on the computer. MB may well reject any warranty coverage as a result. I really don't want to tear down the whole thing to find out at this moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts