Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hitting my feet on the lower console and didn't think it was that useful so I decided to remove it. I'm still thinking of a better way to cover that space and maybe add a wireless phone charger or something in that place, while still making it possible to move between the driver and passenger seat, or scoot into the back.

I've seen some post here but not a definite guide on how to remove it. The 12V plug from the back was the trickiest part for me to figure out how to disconnect. Instead of trying to pull it you just have to push it to the side and then it releases. Other than that it's just two torx screws on each side by the footwell (after you pry open the protective plastic caps). Then you pull the whole console rearwards and it comes loose.

Once removed, there is a little plastic bracket that keeps the console in place. I removed the bracket as to not break it.

Follow-up post will come when I decide what to do with this empty space.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
309 Posts
Five stars for excellent photos and your write up! I'll even throw in a sixth star for the annotations on the pics. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts