Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 cargo metris is best van purchase so far and have had all major brands but when i bought i had not known about mercedes service manuals you can not purchase from mercedes and i have not found any were i can when ask dealers all act as if they know anything about van yet.Service costs are really high which while given no option to me is not wright.If any one knows a way to purchase a service manual would be much appreciated.If anyone knows why my heater is stuck on all the time yet ac lights come on like normal and all seem normal but always on and drive in desert all day everyday would be awesome.Or info at all seems like the part in ducting that changes out from heat to ac is stuck in heat output mode have looked for this but don't know.I have done repairs on my autos always because i do 5-10k miles a month and cost also knowing it will be good when done.Great site missing one thing way to purchase service manuals which would remove a lot of drama and don't know topics put them in faq make things easy for almost every member thank u much for any time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought of this

If i get one i and if site will allow i promise to post the entire manual on this site were it belongs again any info would be appreciated much.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't know here you can get a service manual, but take it back to the dealer to look at the heater problem. It should be covered under your warranty unless you are over the miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you i am under warr problem with that they are very slow have waited up to three months to get back and was not fixed on differnt issue all ones i have talked tell me they don't know metris at all thinking they don't teach there own product and there price is high.I will need later for sure and i think almost all on this will at some point not sure what big problem is with them not being able to sale them if they gave them to every buyer would still be less than 10 percent who will do repairs and would save them so much time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It seems like everyone has moved away from printed manuals and standalone test equipment (even if proprietary) in favor of expensive, exclusive, subscription-based online systems. From the standpoint of the vehicle owner or the small shop, it's a very unfortunate trend.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
When I have problems with my van, my dealer is a bull dog finding the problem and trying to fix it though some parts are FOB Spain or Germany. Find a different dealer.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Also, change your attitude. My dealer bends over backwards to accommodate me. Why? Because I don't complain about prices, and I have serviced all my cars there. They make good money servicing those cars and like having the business from me, and therefore don't want to lose it.

When you walk in talking about service manuals and high prices, they don't see you as a worthwhile customer to please, because you are implacable. Not saying you shouldn't service the car yourself- I reccomend dealer servicing but what ever. But you have to make them think that pleasing you is worth their while anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do u do a hard rest

I see a guy says he did this to get instrument gauges to work mine are all completely dead and has the power go into it so would like to try I hope it will help thanks ahead.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Im not really sure what you are asking about in that last post plus there is no punctuation in the post something about power and thanks for the thanks ahead but maybe you could be more clear and I hope you get it solved also maybe disconnect battery for five minutes or so

1 - 10 of 10 Posts