Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

My name is Reagan Penner and I have owned a VW Westphalia for 20 years now. We love our Westy and are having a difficult time thinking about parting with it.

However, we are looking to add a trailer to our tripping (kayaks, bikes, maybe even the BMW R1200RT) and the Westy is just too weak for this work. So the plan is to sell the Westy and buy at Metris and have it outfitted with a Weekender package. My wife and I have have only really used the Westy to sleep in we never cook or eat in it so a weekender makes more sense to us.

We actually plan on selling the V70 wagon as well. The Metris appears to be all that we would need for the little city driving that we do and all that we need for the highway.

Anyway hello to you all, I am hoping to find lots of good details on the forum about conversions and towing ...

cheers,
-reagan

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome! There's good info to be found on this forum, and surely more to come as new Metris owners (Metrisians?) find us :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
We came from a Eurovan weekender, and had parents that owned two mid 90's VW vans. It has a better engine/ transmission set for sure. The Metris is the right size, and style to fit your needs. It is slow going while aftermarket goodies get designed and tested. Hopefully in the next couple of years our option here in NA will improve. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
166 Posts
We came from a Eurovan weekender, and had parents that owned two mid 90's VW vans. It has a better engine/ transmission set for sure. The Metris is the right size, and style to fit your needs. It is slow going while aftermarket goodies get designed and tested. Hopefully in the next couple of years our option here in NA will improve. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Reagan

Welcome to the forum. Conversion info here is pretty sparse since its a relatively new van. That's especially true if you're hoping to do all or part of the conversion yourself. I spend more time on the Sprinter forum since there is a huge wealth of info to be gleaned. Not all of it pertains to the Metris, but much can be adapted to fit your needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts