Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2019 Metris Passenger van. We sold the second and third row seats. We want to install a bed and kitchen, but the rails make the floor uneven. Has anyone taken them out? How much of the floor do you have to wreck to do that?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
You could take them out, but they have deep pockets. It isn’t going to make the floor more even. You’d be better off covering them or ignoring them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back to me.
It sounds like you have known them personally. Is it just the rail, or is the rail actually a wider plate under the top flooring.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
585 Posts
Just the rail. I'll take them off your hands if you are near Atlanta. I need the hardware on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were planning to keep them to sell with the van when that day comes in a few years...and we live almost as far from Atlanta as you can get in WA state.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
585 Posts
we live almost as far from Atlanta as you can get in WA state.
I grew up in Bellevue. I'll be in Issaquah in a few weeks.

I'd leave them in. They are good for tie downs... and if you need a seat you can add one quickly. You can mount singles on the passenger side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2019 Metris Passenger van. We sold the second and third row seats. We want to install a bed and kitchen, but the rails make the floor uneven. Has anyone taken them out? How much of the floor do you have to wreck to do that?
Hi I built my camper set up so I could keep it as a daily driver/delivery for my business. I left to floor factory and just built around it. I was traveling solo so was able to use a twin kid mattress that expands from IKEA. I needed the entire floor under the bed as storage. The foot of the bed is removed and all the cushions get rearranged as a big lounge seat when not as a bed.
IMG_3063.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts