Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, stopped at light, eco start/stop active, pull out, make it about 100’ and “ESP inoperable, see owners manual” comes up, van goes into limp. I pull over, shut it down, wait a few minutes and re start. Runs fine but now CEL on.

So I take it to the dealer. CEL checked, tested and cleared (it had actually shut off on its own prior to my appointment).

When CEL came on I gave the van a once over and the only thing of note was that the two, center exhaust hangers were off of the attachment points and I put them back on.

While at the dealer I mentioned the very occasional fuel smell and the passenger side mirror suckiness. I provided the information posted here by Rob and thanks to that they quickly stated they would replace the fuel line and mirror glass under warranty! So thanks Rob!

Reactions: RobbMeeX

·
Registered
939 Posts
Awesome. Glad I could get some positive knowledge spread around. That mirror glass is a huge deal!

Please do let me know what they find on the ESP issue.

:laugh:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stored fault codes were “C320100, C38300, 9213500 and P213700 for throttle valve actuator

“Performed guided tests, cleared according to test steps and road tested”

Taken from the invoice.

·
Registered
300 Posts
So, stopped at light, eco start/stop active, pull out, make it about 100’ and “ESP inoperable, see owners manual” comes up, van goes into limp. I pull over, shut it down, wait a few minutes and re start. Runs fine but now CEL on.

So I take it to the dealer. CEL checked, tested and cleared (it had actually shut off on its own prior to my appointment).

When CEL came on I gave the van a once over and the only thing of note was that the two, center exhaust hangers were off of the attachment points and I put them back on.

While at the dealer I mentioned the very occasional fuel smell and the passenger side mirror suckiness. I provided the information posted here by Rob and thanks to that they quickly stated they would replace the fuel line and mirror glass under warranty! So thanks Rob!
You're lucky they replaced the mirror. All the dealers I went to in my 25 miles radius refused to do it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Have you tried escalating the case to MBUSA or their Sprinter division?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The service manager, who I was conversing with about a loaner, kinda blew the mirror/fuel line thing off prior to the appointment.

It would appear as if the service writer is the one that actually got it approved.

As a side note they gave me a Chrysler Pacifica as a loaner because we need a 7 passenger....still junk....but any ride beats a sporty walk.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And when conversing with the service writer prior to the approval, I must have said “safety” 47 times...lol

Reactions: RobbMeeX
1 - 12 of 12 Posts