Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here's the post I was referring to: @surfmetrisca found a work around for those 2" springs and got some custom links to get the shocks to work right. Check out starting around post #23

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yeah I usually go to K38, San Miguel or Gaviotas but I've also been further south to shipwrecks at San Quintin and want to do the lift for more remote places. I'm a bit anxious about going too remote on my own and getting stuck out there so maybe we can caravan sometime! What breaks do you surf locally?

You bring up a good point, 1.4" is not very much... 2" would be ideal.
I ordered these confidence builders after I got stuck in the Eastern Sierra -- cheap insurance. Luckily I had a friend, a shovel and some blankets to dig out. These pads are big and thick, but I am going to get double duty out of them as parking levelers -- something I often need to do.

Automotive lighting Rectangle Orange Automotive parking light Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered these confidence builders after I got stuck in the Eastern Sierra -- cheap insurance. Luckily I had a friend, a shovel and some blankets to dig out. These pads are big and thick, but I am going to get double duty out of them as parking levelers -- something I often need to do.

View attachment 20202
Yeah these are a must have for the sand! Leveling blocks as double duty ftw!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Here it is finally. These are 16" wheels and 225/70r16 ko2s. No rubbing and the spare fits in the stock position.

I debaged the rear and painted the front star to match the wheels. I love how it came out.
I think it's cool that the steelie hubcaps fit!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I only had 500 miles on it before I did the lift and only about 50 since. The ride feels similar to stock but more planted which might be the tires. I've purposely hit some road imperfections and it soakes them up without any noises or harshness. It feels a lot taller from the driver's seat. I haven't driven it with any weight in the back yet. I'm really happy with it and would recommend it if you can get past the price. I had it installed at the dealer and they said it went on with no problems.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Finally heard back from GTV-van. There is a 10% discount for 5 or more kits and a 20% discount for 10 or more. Here's what they mentioned on the height difference:

The lift height depends finally on the weight of the van and the wheel base.
An short one will end up a little higher than a extra long one.
A passenger van will end up slightly higher than a Marco Polo campervan
3200mm is the short wheel base but has the compact and long version . I gues most of the vans you have will be like this

Since we have the shorter wheel base I think he means that ours will be on the higher end of the stated range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally heard back from GTV-van. There is a 10% discount for 5 or more kits and a 20% discount for 10 or more. Here's what they mentioned on the height difference:

The lift height depends finally on the weight of the van and the wheel base.
An short one will end up a little higher than a extra long one.
A passenger van will end up slightly higher than a Marco Polo campervan
3200mm is the short wheel base but has the compact and long version . I gues most of the vans you have will be like this

Since we have the shorter wheel base I think he means that ours will be on the higher end of the stated range.
I am still interested in the lift kit group buy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I only had 500 miles on it before I did the lift and only about 50 since. The ride feels similar to stock but more planted which might be the tires. I've purposely hit some road imperfections and it soakes them up without any noises or harshness. It feels a lot taller from the driver's seat. I haven't driven it with any weight in the back yet. I'm really happy with it and would recommend it if you can get past the price. I had it installed at the dealer and they said it went on with no problems.
Hey Doc, I'm curious if you have any more feedback on the ride quality now that it's been a few months. I'm still considering this kit, but I want to be sure that the improvement is there. I would describe ours (1.5" lift with stock tires and shocks/struts) as being floaty and taking too long to settle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Doc, I'm curious if you have any more feedback on the ride quality now that it's been a few months. I'm still considering this kit, but I want to be sure that the improvement is there. I would describe ours (1.5" lift with stock tires and shocks/struts) as being floaty and taking too long to settle.
I’m still curious as well. Seems like a lot of the existing lift kits mix & match spacers and components, hence the unpredictable results. The twin Monotube kit seems dialed in as a unit. Definitely interested if we can pull off a group buy. If not I may go cheap KYB in back and Bilstein B6 in front using stock springs and 65 series tire for better control & 1” increase clearance.

Also curious how much real world MPG suffers with a 2” lift and AT tires since petrol prices are on the rise..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m still curious as well. Seems like a lot of the existing lift kits mix & match spacers and components, hence the unpredictable results. The twin Monotube kit seems dialed in as a unit. Definitely interested if we can pull off a group buy. If not I may go cheap KYB in back and Bilstein B6 in front using stock springs and 65 series tire for better control & 1” increase clearance.

Also curious how much real world MPG suffers with a 2” lift and AT tires since petrol prices are on the rise..
I am seeing 1 mpg less although I also put on crossbars so it's hard to say how much is due to the lif + AT tires

101 - 120 of 125 Posts