Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I bought a Metris cargo a few weeks ago and I am researching lift kits as well. There is a German company that sells one Terranger.de and someone on this forum bought one. Look up lift and suspension. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.
Eric
Pretty cool vid on YT showing a 30mm lift using Eibach springs. Tires fitted are
Hi,
I bought a Metris cargo a few weeks ago and I am researching lift kits as well. There is a German company that sells one Terranger.de and someone on this forum bought one. Look up lift and suspension. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.
Eric
There is a pretty cool YT vid showing 30mm lift using Eibach Pro springs. Fitted with 225/65R17 KO2s:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Resurrecting this thread to point out a new option. I'm ordering this on Monday.

It'll be awhile before I can post my impressions because I only just ordered my van. I told the dealer when I ordered the van that I'm bringing in a lift kit for them to install. They told me not a problem.
I was looking at these as well. Did you end up getting them installed?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I typically hate lift kits, but this one looks really righteous. Coulda used it a few times last summer. Their wheels and speedo adjust kit look good too.

Reactions: Claytonroy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was looking at these as well. Did you end up getting them installed?

I had my van built to order and I only just got it. I had a hard time finding the 225 70 r16 BFG KO2s so I'm waiting on them to arrive, should be this week. As soon as they come in I'm having the lift installed. I will update with my impression and since pics.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice @Doc187 , I'm looking forward to your impression on the lift setup! I was also thinking that 16" rims and your K02 tire setup are the way to go. I initially wanted to have my van look something like this but since it's my daily driver I'll probably stick with all terrain tires.

Automotive parking light Tire Cloud Wheel Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Nice @Doc187 , I'm looking forward to your impression on the lift setup! I was also thinking that 16" rims and your K02 tire setup are the way to go. I initially wanted to have my van look something like this but since it's my daily driver I'll probably stick with all terrain tires.

View attachment 20138
I'd drive that (AWD 🤞) as a surfer van! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m very interested in this review as well - seems like the best lift solution with fully engineered components.

Would be cool if a few of us on this forum could arrange a group purchase, at least to save on shipping costs.
I'm down to go in with you. I'll reach out and see if there might be a group discount available.
I might be interested in this lift kit as well. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I might be interested in this lift kit as well. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!
So I've connected with Gtv-van and pricing is roughly $1,740 plus shipping and any applicable custom fees handled by the broker. He said there would be an opportunity for a group discount and I'm waiting to get the details on it. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
995 Posts
So I've connected with Gtv-van and pricing is roughly $1,740 plus shipping and any applicable custom fees handled by the broker. He said there would be an opportunity for a group discount and I'm waiting to get the details on it. Will keep you guys posted.
Did you happen to ask whether the custom struts and shocks have readily available replacements? I thought I read on their website that they are extended length, so when they faial it would seem to require specialized replacements -- Also, the 30 to 35mm lift is dependent upon wheelbase, as I recall -- do you know which way it swings? I couldn't tell from the site. I have a 135 and am sorely tempted by the lift kit. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you happen to ask whether the custom struts and shocks have readily available replacements? I thought I read on their website that they are extended length, so when they faial it would seem to require specialized replacements -- Also, the 30 to 35mm lift is dependent upon wheelbase, as I recall -- do you know which way it swings? I couldn't tell from the site. I have a 135 and am sorely tempted by the lift kit. Thanks
Hey there, I noticed that as well and have asked them about the height differential and what determines the variance. As for shock failure, it's probably no different than swapping out the stock shocks every 50k miles so I'm not too worried about it as I don't plan on doing any hard off roading in the van. I read a post about a member here using some Monroe shocks for the rear as a work around and something else in the front to get it dialed in so there seems to be a solution if you needed one right away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! I have a very naive question. How is this lift kit compared to the adventure van one? are the extra $1200 worth it? I am looking to increase clearance and put AT tyres for trips to Mexico

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi! I have a very naive question. How is this lift kit compared to the adventure van one? are the extra $1200 worth it? I am looking to increase clearance and put AT tyres for trips to Mexico
So the Adventure Van one is for springs only. I believe another member on here got these and combined it with some Bilstein shocks and found that the travel in the shocks was not long enough and it was making some clunking sounds in the front and rear on bumps. I can't seem to find the post ATM but will link if I find it. I remember reading that the Adventure Van peeps were saying something about the van needing to be loaded quite a bit for it to not make the clunking sound.

Are you headed to Mexico for surf? I'm down in Baja several times a year :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
So the Adventure Van one is for springs only. I believe another member on here got these and combined it with some Bilstein shocks and found that the travel in the shocks was not long enough and it was making some clunking sounds in the front and rear on bumps. I can't seem to find the post ATM but will link if I find it. I remember reading that the Adventure Van peeps were saying something about the van needing to be loaded quite a bit for it to not make the clunking sound.

Are you headed to Mexico for surf? I'm down in Baja several times a year :)
Thanks mate! Yes that's the plan, I might go down there early next year. Do you surf too? What would you recommend then to get the van Baja ready? What I don't like about this kit is that it's only 1.4 inches compared to the 2 inches of the adventure van...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks mate! Yes that's the plan, I might go down there early next year. Do you surf too? What would you recommend then to get the van Baja ready? What I don't like about this kit is that it's only 1.4 inches compared to the 2 inches of the adventure van...
Yeah I usually go to K38, San Miguel or Gaviotas but I've also been further south to shipwrecks at San Quintin and want to do the lift for more remote places. I'm a bit anxious about going too remote on my own and getting stuck out there so maybe we can caravan sometime! What breaks do you surf locally?

You bring up a good point, 1.4" is not very much... 2" would be ideal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I usually go to K38, San Miguel or Gaviotas but I've also been further south to shipwrecks at San Quintin and want to do the lift for more remote places. I'm a bit anxious about going too remote own my own and getting stuck out there so maybe we can caravan sometime! What breaks do you surf locally?

You bring up a good point, 1.4" is not very much... 2" would be ideal.
I moved from Barcelona to San Diego a year ago and still haven't been able to go down there due to COVID and now due to immigration process to get my green card. So I can't wait to go on a trip! Where do you live? I usually surf in north county

·
Registered
21 Posts
I moved from Barcelona to San Diego a year ago and still haven't been able to go down there due to COVID and now due to immigration process to get my green card. So I can't wait to go on a trip! Where do you live? I usually surf in north county
Oh cool I've always wanted to visit Spain and surf up north in San Sebastian.

Yeah I've gone to Baja a few times this year but my buddy is also on a visa and has concerns about crossing. I think things will be opening up soon for visa holders like you mentioned. I'm in Orange county but I surf San O and Church a few times a week. I sometimes surf breaks in Leucadia as well!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's the post I was referring to: @surfmetrisca found a work around for those 2" springs and got some custom links to get the shocks to work right. Check out starting around post #23

81 - 100 of 100 Posts