Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Lift point protective pad stuck in Safejack Jackstand

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  pounce 
#1 ·
I am hoping that someone out there has some wisdom regarding this lift point pad that got stuck while I was installing some Sumo springs on my Getaway. I can't get anything into the jackpad to pry the plastic puck out of there. I thought that I'd ask to see if anyone out there has dealt with this before I just order replacement "pucks."
Watch Product Material property Clock Tool
Hand Hat Finger Thumb Headgear

See less See more
#4 ·
I am hoping that someone out there has some wisdom regarding this lift point pad that got stuck while I was installing some Sumo springs on my Getaway. I can't get anything into the jackpad to pry the plastic puck out of there. I thought that I'd ask to see if anyone out there has dealt with this before I just order replacement "pucks."
I'd order a replacement anyway as that one looks unlikely to stay attached to the van once it's out. Plus it's always good to have spares.

You might try notching the side in a couple places and hammering up on it using a drift.

#6 ·
Never faced that problem with my Metris (or any other vehicle) but from my machinist experience I'd use a big pair of channel lock pliers with the jack pad secured in a bench vice to remove the lift pad.

As other poster offered I'd order a new lift pad regardless if I managed to get the old out intact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.