Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a Metris cargo van. I need to have enough space in the cargo area to place a 9'6" kayak - can someone measure the distance between the back of the front seats and the rear door. Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The drawings that Styles refers to are not in inches, but they show a floor measurement of 283 from rear door to a bit ahead of the rear of the seats. If that 283 is cm then that translates to 111", or 9'3". A kayak is narrow and pointed at the ends, so it may fit between the seats in front, depends on your particular boat.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My tape measure indicated 8 ft 5 inches along the floor. But the seats tip back a bit so a foot off the floor would have a shorter distance depending on how far forward or back the seat was placed. However, the bow of the boat could slide between the seats at least a bit. The seats are about 12 inches apart. So if your kayak could slide in between the seat on its side, that would give you another 18 inches of available length.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your assistance here - I am thinking it might be a little short for my needs. I might look into the 144 Sprinter 4X4 - it just adds that extra space and dollars too of course!

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts