Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
Just wanted to share this with every Metris owner.
I've had the cargo van for just over a year and put 22000km - 13,750 miles for my American friends.
It's been nothing but problems! Been in the shop 4 times
- Squeak breaks
- Oil leak
- Overheating due to faulty fuel injectors (always use premium) Raw fuel was being dumped into exhaust - check out pic
- Radio clock resets
- Window controls don't work

Has anyone else has similar issues or is this a lemon?

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Can't say I've experienced any of those problems. How's your dealer handling all this? I know when your livlihood depends on your van this can be frustrating. I really hate in today's time no one thinks about, let alone wants to compensate, your TIME. "Sorry" just doesn't cut it for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Zero issues at about the same mileage.

How about some more details for the forum members? Where was it leaking oil from, etc.

Not a lemon but maybe a “breech of contract” case.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What year?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Regardless of the year or the model, the frequency of the problem or its uniqueness, the path to success is papering the dealer. Take it back every time with a written instruction as to what is not working. Give them plenty of time to fix it. If they don't, return it immediately under another written instruction. Copy MBUSA after the first try. Sign the pick up receipt with the caveat: "Vehicle returned. Status of repairs unknown."

Finally, become familiar with your state's Lemon Law.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Most state lemon laws are written based upon frequency of repair to a specific item or at least system; You are indicating a series of seperate issues to different systems.

I do not know the nature of Canadian laws applicable to you, but I wouldn’t use the legal remedy unless needed (but document, double document and triple document Incase you do need to). I would call this intense dissatisfaction with a product that has a series of problematic parts, likely due to something going wrong in assembly, reassembly, or transport.

Make a customer service issue to the dealer, and take it to MB Canada if that doesn’t work. If, after a we’ll documented fight, they won’t help, then take it to the court.

My car has had a few minor issues, mostly related to shoddy accident repair, but it has been more than acceptable.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Metris has been flawless too, aside from the analog speedo going cray �� It really has much better road manners than a GLE.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
When the AC is on in the hot weather, it forces the cooling fan auxiliary to be on, which makes the car sound like an angry vacuum cleaner. I suspect it has to do with the basic system being designed for Diesel engines, which are more thermally efficient.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts