Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these led units and I wonder anyone install these can you tell me what is this cable for? /see photo /. Thanks.
Trunk Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
270 Posts
Put some product ID with your pic if you want a good answer. There’s a lot of knowledge on this forum. I’d be interested, as I’m not satisfied with the OEM headlights

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,438 Posts
I guess you can test it to see if it has ground with the other connectors. Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like a single barrel connector. You can try giving it 12v. Could be the driving light.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well , there is lot of knowledge on this forum but people dont care anymore here. there are few same people still replying and trying to keep this forum live but majority is gone. i asked questions here and in private conversations and almost nobody replied. now i got this out of my chest so here is my lighting setup .
i installed Chinese head lamps. no drama; bumper has to go partially down. removed only side and crack it open from top so i was able to get to bottom screw on the light unit . took me around 2 hours to do both . BTW the cable i asked above does nothing.
lights are fantastic, looks cool, super bright. running light- strip led is also very cool. love it .
here is pic of one done and another to go

here is short video of the unit. New video by Rony B

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well , there is lot of knowledge on this forum but people dont care anymore here. there are few same people still replying and trying to keep this forum live but majority is gone. i asked questions here and in private conversations and almost nobody replied. now i got this out of my chest so here is my lighting setup .
i installed Chinese head lamps. no drama; bumper has to go partially down. removed only side and crack it open from top so i was able to get to bottom screw on the light unit . took me around 2 hours to do both . BTW the cable i asked above does nothing.
lights are fantastic, looks cool, super bright. running light- strip led is also very cool. love it .
here is pic of one done and another to go

View attachment 18311

here is short video of the unit. New video by Rony B
How do you like them so far? How is the light output? Any pictures at night?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Love them, the lights are night and day compare to halogens . dont have night pics; will make some.
Gotta admit they look pretty sick -- I especially like the animated turn indicator as a safety benefit. I'd like to see night pics too. Sorry if this has been discussed, but does anyone know whether these are highway legal in the U.S.?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you gotten any bulb out errors? How long did it take to receive the from China?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you gotten any bulb out errors? How long did it take to receive the from China?
There is no any error. Everything works like it should. I was little surprised as well since there is different power consumption from these led compare to regular halogens. But no drama.
The seller didn't offer any good shipping deal to Canada /I think he has some better options for shipping to the states /. So I paid fedex and it came in 3 days after shipping sent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gotta admit they look pretty sick -- I especially like the animated turn indicator as a safety benefit. I'd like to see night pics too. Sorry if this has been discussed, but does anyone know whether these are highway legal in the U.S.?
As mentioned most likely there are not "legal". But I'm not sure what that means be honest. If they work as original ones, if light spreading is as originals and do not blinding others I think they should be fine.
For example in Europe all lights have to have E1 mark on every light otherwise don't pass safety.
And there are knock off lights coming from China which has that. Which mean they are "legal" in Europe. But we both know they are not really.
Having said that I'm not sure if the states have such a marks or not since I don't live there.
Over here there is no such a thing

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The lights are fully not legal. They are not approved by the manufacturer, which in the US where special interests allow manufacturers the ability to get such things approved, means they are simply not legal. In some states the state police can and will do inspections on cars that they suspect may have illegal aftermarket parts, and you can be fined or even have your vehicle impounded for such things.

Funnily enough most of the “liberal” states that would pass through your mind when Isay that aren’t among them to my knowledge. Virginia, Georgia, and Alabama definitely have that authority delegated and I know troopers used to actually use it. Not sure about nowadays.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Talking specifically about these lights I would like to see a cap who find out these are not legal.
Mercedes trained one. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is promised night shot of these lamps.

·
Registered
900 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts