Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the factory, all leather-rimmed steering wheels are multifunction, but not all multifunction wheels are leather-rimmed.

It looks like the trim pieces could be swapped around to make a leather-rimmed, non-multifunction wheel. It would be a nice improvement to a Metris that wasn't equipped with the multifunction option. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never seen a multi-function steering wheel without leather
They're both included in the C03, C04, C20, C23, or X04 packages. I almost always see them together too. But not always (see attached photo).

The steering wheel "w/o leather, w/wheel controls" has its own part number: 0014602803.

Although the rims only appear to be sold as part of entire wheel assemblies (w/o airbags), the rest of the pieces (buttons, paddles, trim, etc.) do appear to be sold individually, and are shared by both multifunction wheels. This suggests that the plain spokes would probably fit too. But it would be nice to be sure.

I really dislike the feel of the plastic rim. Unfortunately all the vans ordered without trip computers have it. If the wheels could be swapped, that would be good news.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts