Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A large intact leaf got into my AC fan. Also, the fan blades were quite dirty. (The AC fan is very easy to access, just remove the glove compartment and then the fan cover is right there behind it.) Now how did that happen? What filter is totally missing on my 2016 Metris? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would assume you ride with the windows open frequently and probably park at times with the windows down. That is your answer to your questions. I learned this when I was in my 20's and was riding and parking with the windows open most of the time and this is how the dirt and leaves enter unbeknownst to you.

·
Registered
943 Posts
There's a retrofit grille that goes in behind the cowling. Complete pita to add, but it stops leaves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's a retrofit grille that goes in behind the cowling. Complete pita to add, but it stops leaves.
Thanks so much for this info. I would love a bit more detail here. Not sure what the cowling is. It seems like the kind of thing I could figure out how to address with a hint in the right direction. Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah I need to open mine up soon too as I think it has a leaf or two stuck in there making noise.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'll ask the sprinter guys about it Monday. They should have it around.

How many miles are on it that you are doing plugs?

·
Registered
401 Posts
45k?? Thats the same interval as the old M11x engines back in the 80's.....

I just changed the plugs on my M112 in my E320....they were original....at 156k miles....all 12 of them

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The spark plugs on the Metris are Multifire designs; It essentially provides the function of the Twinspark using only one plug. That probably is why the interval is so short.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The M272 is single plug and its interval is like 80-90k....these engines must be rough on their plugs! At least there's only 4 of them :D

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
My point is that the M274 uses a single plug per cylinder to fire what is in fact more frequent sparks than in the previous generation Twinspark design. It’s not particularly surprising that the lifespan of the spark plugs is not particularly long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts