Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new, picking up my Metris cargo van this week.

Has anyone successfully installed a 2DIN aftermarket stereo?
I'm looking at purchasing a Kenwood DNX series deck (Navigation, Rear Camera, SiriusXM, etc).
I have one in my daily driving vehicle but would love to have a newer one installed on my 2016 Metris.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the kenwood Dnx 893S and had it installed by a stereo shop so cant comment on technical issues associated with installation.So far I’m really happy with the decision.The screen is larger and clearer than the factory head unit and very responsive. I use the built in garmin nav as well as google maps and waze with the android auto. In order to get the steering wheel controls to work a harness/module for the Vito w447 was ordered to work with aftermarket head units and a harness/module was ordered from Mid City engineering for the backup camera.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CTSMC011-2...259243?hash=item51ff0af56b:g:gOUAAOSwHpdZxklv

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the kenwood Dnx 893S and had it installed by a stereo shop so cant comment on technical issues associated with installation.So far I’m really happy with the decision.The screen is larger and clearer than the factory head unit and very responsive. I use the built in garmin nav as well as google maps and waze with the android auto. In order to get the steering wheel controls to work a harness/module for the Vito w447 was ordered to work with aftermarket head units and a harness/module was ordered from Mid City engineering for the backup camera.
That looks really nice. What trim piece did you use? It matches the factory color really well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone updated this updated head? I see that Becker just released new map data for North America 7.0 and wants $100 USD for it. Crazy! Although I was reasonably impressed with some of the detail in the Becker North American 6.0 dataset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts