Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since these Kenwood head units are rolling out I thought I would share what they look like in a Metris.

I've been running the Android 10" units in other cars for years and while I like them for the size I grew to hate them for the reliability etc. So, when I picked up this '19 the other day I decided to upgrade it to the new Kenwood. Nicely built and tons of audio control. Retained the backup camera with a PAC unit. I added a dashcam as well. It does wireless Android Auto and screen mirroring. While I use nav on the Android units having it on the headunit was a key feature since we often go places with poor cell service.

The other key feature for me was the physical volume and control button. I'm not really old, but old enough to like physical volume controls.

At first I didn't like how proud it sits from the dash, but in reality it's perfect.

Expensive, but worth it for me. I looked at the 11" Alpine units, but they don't have the needed features. Check those out if you just want Android auto or carplay.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Since these Kenwood head units are rolling out I thought I would share what they look like in a Metris.

I've been running the Android 10" units in other cars for years and while I like them for the size I grew to hate them for the reliability etc. So, when I picked up this '19 the other day I decided to upgrade it to the new Kenwood. Nicely built and tons of audio control. Retained the backup camera with a PAC unit. I added a dashcam as well. It does wireless Android Auto and screen mirroring. While I use nav on the Android units having it on the headunit was a key feature since we often go places with poor cell service.

The other key feature for me was the physical volume and control button. I'm not really old, but old enough to like physical volume controls.

At first I didn't like how proud it sits from the dash, but in reality it's perfect.

Expensive, but worth it for me. I looked at the 11" Alpine units, but they don't have the needed features. Check those out if you just want Android auto or carplay.

View attachment 18383
Looks great -- Which new Kenwood?

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price? Easy to Install?

Any speaker upgrades recommended?

Thank you
Install is really no different than any other unit in this van. Just needs the right double din kit, pac for the stearing wheel and backup camera and a antenna adapter.

I didnt upgrade the speakers at install. I left that for another time.

List price is 1600.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I wish one could still get quality German car hi-fi. I miss my Becker Grand Prix. And I also remember a really cool Telefunken 33/45 phonograph they made for the 600.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am going to install my Alpine from my old van. Sounds like you guys know what you are doing. If I get in a bind, you okay if I ask a question or two?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for sharing your install, pounce - looks great! I had been waiting for more info on a possible AUDIO 30 upgrade and hadn't searched Crutchfield in a while for viable aftermarket installs for the Metris (last year when I looked there was nothing) - many options now! Does anyone know if retention of steering wheel controls would include parking assist (Parktronic)?

·
Registered
2016 Metris Cargo
10 Posts
Crutchfield for the most part is great, but they're just not set up for the Metris... Just select a 2016 Sprinter and you'll get most of what you need for the install. EDIT: I see that's changed since the last time I looked only a few weeks ago...

Needed/best for the Metris:
  • Scosche CR1292B
  • PAC RP4.2-MB11 (retains steering wheel controls if equipped)

The Metra 40-EU10 FM radio antenna adapter is included in the Sprinter kits, but IIRC it is not the correct part for the Metris. There was another thread discussing this issue somewhere on this forum, but I'm having trouble locating it.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Metra 40-EU10 FM radio antenna adapter is included in the Sprinter kits, but IIRC it is not the correct part for the Metris. There was another thread discussing this issue somewhere on this forum, but I'm having trouble locating it.

Metra 40-EU55

1 - 13 of 13 Posts