Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved the 20" setup, but it just drives soooo much better with these 18" (as expected). Wheels are from a W204 (C350) AMG package 18x8 front et48 (or 47) and 18x8.5 rear et54. 235/50r18 101w fronts. 255/45r18 103w rears. Firestone Indy 500's.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Beautiful. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beautiful. Do you mind to share where you got those wheels? I am looking into upgrading to 18" too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
397 Posts
We have the same van! :grin:

Nice wheels, I like those. I have the original Metris 17" alloys on mine....and they are bare minimum to not get destroyed by potholes/roads around here.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Nice looking but I concur with Pawo. I already got a pothole blowout on the stock wheels; I dunwanna see what would happen on bigger than stock wheels.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
I'd have those wheels. Nice. I like those tires. I have them on my RX-7, but I'd imagine they are short lived on a van. Inexpensive enough to replace though....

·
Registered
86 Posts
And this is my setup, but I decided to stick with 17-inch wheels instead.
Are you pretty happy with the wheels? Which tires did you get? Do you have any other pictures of your setup?

I am looking for another set of wheels, as i am going to use my 6.5 steel wheels for winter tires.

I like that those Rial M10 are available at 8" width, which is at the high end of the stock tire sizes range, which in my experience has helped with squirm and improved handling in other applications for me, at least with street tires with "average" sidewalls. The 6.5 stock steel wheels are pretty narrow for the the stock tire in my opinion, especially the casing of the stock hancooks, and for the way my van gets driven. However i am not an engineer, nor expert, just someone making generalizations from past experiences.

Speaking of generalizations, I wish more information about sidewalls was available when internet shopping. Just guessing, but i am willing to guess the yoko advan sport available in the stock size, has stiffer sidewall than the hancooks, but its still a guess.

I am still confused as to how one manufacturers idea of a "ultra high performance all season" has a B traction rating with 500 tread wear, while another manufacturers offering of a "highway all season" has an A traction rating and a 720 tread wear rating. The latter is more expensive, but that is no guarantee either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those are the wheels from Tirerack.com; 17x8 Rial M10 METAL GREY
I am running tires 235/55R-17
It does feel better with slightly wider wheels and no evidence of outer edge wear or whatsoever. The tires on the photo are snow tires that I replaced them with all season from the same size.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those are the wheels from Tirerack.com; 17x8 Rial M10 METAL GREY
I am running tires 235/55R-17
It does feel better with slightly wider wheels and no evidence of outer edge wear or whatsoever. The tires on the photo are snow tires that I replaced them with all season from the same size.
Thanks.
What all seasons are you using?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Personally I’m partial to 16 inch AMG monoblock styles...

I like those too in looks, and the 17s, but i don't want to pay for them, nor do i want a staggered set. I like the old 5 spoke brabus monoblocks too.

The Rial looks OK, to me, but it don't like it that much. i am mostly interested in them for quality per dollar, and their availability from tire rack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, now thinking about 16s, the forged 7 hole w220 wheels would probably look pretty nice, but so would the difda. I wonder if the difda would hold up to the metris.
Hey there Metris?, tried to reply to your PM, but I don't have enough posts to do so?? Sorry for going off topic... Metris? - regarding my tires/wheels... (235/50r18) this was all on the Metris that I bought used - I do like how they LOOK, but on anything but smooth roads, they can be a bit harsh. I do wonder about pinching especially when I'm loaded down and don't happen to see a pothole. For the most part, it has been a non issue. Highway driving is great.

The tires are Duro Performa (97 rating) on front and Vogue Tyre Custom built (101) on back. Never heard of either brand, but they have held up well. No uneven wear, but wondering if that is due to the wheel being slightly more offset than stock.

I've thought about going 235/55 on the back when they need to be replaced, just to give it a little more cushion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts