Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced my 1st set of tires from the OEM Hankook Ventus Noble's to (drum roll please)........the OEM Hankook Ventus Noble's...! Everyone's favorite on this site right??? I replaced them at 37K which was probably about 3K to 5K too long honestly.

So, why did I replace them with the same set and not the Michelin Defender's like most do? 1st was cost which was $250 less overall. I know you get that back in longevity but I own a small business where the $$$ up front matters more. Secondly and most important and the reason why I'm posting is I was VERY impressed with how tough and durable the tires were under full cargo load. For my business I venture into some pretty nasty industrial areas (errant nails, glass, construction debris etc.) in NY, NJ, Philly, Baltimore etc.. I've run over nails and shards of metal almost daily. I've pulled out carpenter nails (about 3 or 4) and the tires stay inflated. Again, this is all at times while carrying a 2,500 Lb. full capacity cargo load. Oh ride is great generally and MPG is always consistent at 23.5.

If you have the cargo van like I do I actually highly (?) recommend these as they are a very durable and a great tire.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My 2016 passenger van was not aligned properly when I bought it. My service adviser at my dealership later confirmed this and said that MB sent out revised alignment specs. I was unaware of that and then I exacerbated the problem by not paying attention for 12K miles which pretty much ruined the fronts. I got the van aligned, rotated the tires then and again at about 17K miles. I replaced all 4 with the same OEM tires at 20K even though two still had some life left. I like all 4 tires to be similar in wear, makes for a safer ride. I talked with the owner of the shop where I've bought tires for over 20 years. He had nothing bad to say about Hankook tires. 17K miles so far on the new ones, vehicle properly aligned, and tires properly rotated. The Hankooks are looking fine so far, plenty of tread left and even wear all around. If I can get around 30K miles I'll be happy. The OEM Hankooks are actually a high performance tire. An unusual pick for a van, but I like the ride, handling and wet road traction so I stayed with them. I also have the same identical tires on my turbo hatchback as OEM.

The Ventus S1 noble2 (H452) is Hankook's Ultra High Performance All-Season tire developed for the drivers of sports cars, sporty coupes and performance sedans l
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire..._kwcid=AL!3756!3!72322431853!!!g!138923700973!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Many of the vans also come with Conti Vanco 4Season tires (mine did), which are fine in the dry or rain, but thats it. They are also loud. Eventually will go to Michelin defender when they wear out. My Michelin snows ride MUCH quiter/nicer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts