Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is Jody from Pittsburgh; just got a Metris one week ago. Glad to find this forum! I had a VW Eurovan for 10 years, and found the EV forum very helpful. This Metris is amazing… it feels about 40 years newer than the VW. All kinds of new stuff that I must read the manual to learn about.

It's been a while since I had a RWD van, may have to put snow tires on in the winter. The gas mileage is very impressive, along with the performance. I had wanted a luggage rack on the van, and after I got home realized the van did not have a roof rack… I was all worried. But I just got a Thule rack that bolts right into the roof, that is awesome, very clean.

Jody

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats!

The roof rack was the only thing I WAS missing. (Our dealership has 2 shuttle and 1 roadside Metris. One of those racks fell off :) )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Order Cycle?

A question for all who have a Metris. I ordered a cargo version 4/25/2016. When should I expect my van to be delivered to my Ohio dealer??

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was told 14-18 weeks to get mine. It took 13 weeks, 3 days to be called. The part I'm not happy with is when I ordered, there was a rebate + the first two oil change services were included. 12mos/15k miles and 24 mos/30k miles. WELL, when I picked it up, I was told, they NO LONGER will do the 2 services for free.......... sounds like bait and switch to me! The rebate was still on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A question for all who have a Metris. I ordered a cargo version 4/25/2016. When should I expect my van to be delivered to my Ohio dealer??
I ordered my Cargo Metris on 10/6/2015 and I took delivery at the Seattle dealer on 2/18/2016. That's from the factory in Spain, shipped to Germany, shipped to the US, (South Carolina as I recall), then shipped by rail across country.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ordered a cargo van on 4/25/16 and my van came in 7/27/16 totally unannounced ahead of time. I was told that my salesman would be getting alerts along the way for each step. I got a "built" message and then no others, no "on the water" nothing. OK, so who am I to complain!? I took delivery on 8/2/16 and have about 100 mi. on it at this time. So far, so good. Fingers crossed. I got a slider on both sides and 180 doors on the rear with dark tinted windows and wipers/defoggers. Iridium grey metallic. Cloth interior. Steering wheel w/o buttons.

The biggest issues:

1. I have is the lack of side door windows. I want to camp in it and would like some type of window with a screen for fresh air, at least in the passenger side, if not both.

2. I also have had a struggle with the Becker nav. system. It doesn't seem very intuitive and the book .....

3. I am looking for some type of side mirror extender/addition and have come up empty so far. Most of the extensions have rubber straps and due to the shape of the mirrors, the outer most one just slips off, not gonna work!

Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
2) remember that when using voice command do NOT say the state. Beyond that little silliness (programming laziness, really) I find it very intuitive. Although when you drive one brand of car your whole life, you get into the engineers head, and everything is exactly where you expect it to be. Except the window switches- they belong in the center of the cabin, damnit.

2) I find the convex stick on from any of your nationally known disreputable auto parts stores solves the vision issue nicely. YMMV but I used to drive a box truck so I might be weird.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts