Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. just got a 2016 metris cargo van . in the past 4 years i used a Chevy HHR Panel van till i traded it in 300k miles with minimum and no problem at all. hope my Metris will prove it self much better. from my first review i like how specious the cabin is, how the build quality is better. but coming to my final decision i compared the three city vans Ram Promaster city, Ford Transit Connect and Metris. the Ford was instantly out of the question the reason we had 5 of the early 2011 models in our fleets. All of them had transmission rebuilt by 130k. and they were all but problems literally all fall apart by 160k. had a full service record and cost .they all cost on repairs as much as half the value of their purchased price. Next was the RPC comparatively wider but cheaply built and lots of recall with transmission . so even though MB will cost more with the repair cost in the long run . the MB 6k incentive below MSRP was not something to be passed and hope it will pay off for MB service.
thanks again hope i will learn more from this forum and contribute as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Coming from a Honda Element, I'd say my '16 Metris cabin is tighter, but reasonable. In an Element I can wear a ten gallon hat and still have room (I'm 6').

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for me coming from Chevy HHR . this is too wide for me . i used to bend down to see traffic light if i am on the front row i am used to drive cars with blind spot sprinters & fj cruiser but comparatively the metric is better than hhr. sprinter has nice side mirror with convex adjustable mirrors at the bottom . i am sure my first mode will be convex mirrors.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The Metris should last you a long while because MB vehicles are generally pretty reliable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm 6'-2", and I feel like my Metris is right where it needs to be as far as space is concerned. Not the most spacious, but also not restrictive either.

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
I'm 6'-2", and I feel like my Metris is right where it needs to be as far as space is concerned. Not the most spacious, but also not restrictive either.
What vehicle that is currently available exclusively as class one (under 8600 lb GVWR) is more spacious exactly? Because other than full size vans and full size pick up trucks (class 2) plus of course medium and heavy duty commercial trucks, I can't think of any.

Heck kilo-buck class sedans are less spacious (Lexus LS, Mercedes S, BMW 7, Audi A8, Jaguar XJ, Genesis G90, Kia K900, Cadillac CT6).

Maybe the Rolls-Royce Phantom? But I don't think you cross shopped that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I find the F150 less restrictive feeling for my personal taste as well as the expedition just to name two. Again, personal opinion only.

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
Never thought of the expedition. The F-series is available up to class 7 so it doesn't fit into my narrowly defined criteria.

I'd freely admit my Isuzu FRR was more roomey for the driver than a Metris- to say nothing of my friends Volvo VNL680. And that air ride seat- fuhgeddaboudit.

But ok. The Expedition is a class 1 only truck that is roomier than the Metris.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The front passenger seat has way more leg room in the metris than my ford e350 ever did. Haven't been in a metris with a partition to do a front to back seat position comparison.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The front passenger seat has way more leg room in the metris than my ford e350 ever did. Haven't been in a metris with a partition to do a front to back seat position comparison.
Big surprise since with an American vehicle you sort of expect to have more space over something produced by the Germans. The tables have turned.

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
Actually, blame it on the need for space a large V8 engine (the Econoline was designed to fit the Ford 460 V8 and the 7.2 International diesel). It causes the passenger footwell to be extremely cramped because Ford fit a lot of components to the passenger side in order to give the driver room to do his job.

Whereas the Metris only needs to fit the small OM654 and the positively puny M274.

Forget it's displacement- have you actually looked at how small it's block is?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts