Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! I'm new here.. Been pretty keen on getting a Metris cargo for some time now, and I think I found one in my price range but I'm a bit worried of what will happen down the road with it. Its a 2016 cargo with a clean history, but its got 91,000 miles on it already, and I haven't seen much out there with too much more, so I'm wondering if anyone out there has gone close or past that mileage and if theyve been running into any major issues once the miles get up there. I've driven the thing around and it seems all solid to me, but just wondering what the future holds.

If anyone's got any insight on how they preform (or break) as they get in the higher mileage range I'd love to hear what y'all think! Thanks in advance!

Also if this should be posted in a different forum please let me know

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The most important issue to look for is maintenance. Mercedes-Benz vans are just as reliant on proper Mercedes-Benz maintenance as any other Mercedes Benz car. Mercedes Benz van owners are often new to owning them, and therefore do not service them properly much more often than your average Mercedes-Benz owner.

Mercedes-Benz vans are just as reliant on proper Mercedes-Benz maintenance as in the other Mercedes Benz car. Mercedes-Benz van owners are often new to owning them, and therefore do not service them properly much more often than your average Mercedes-Benz owner. Don’t buy anything without a full service history from a dealer.

Every other issue is significantly less important. I would also suggest bringing it to a dealer for a prepurchase inspection once you give it the once over and determine that you think it’s OK.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
My van has 107,000 miles on it. There has been some significant maintenance in that time, some of which you might consider repairs. The van is never let me down, but I have spent some significant money on it. It will last forever so long as you’re willing to continue maintaining it, so the mileage really isn’t that important.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My van has 107,000 miles on it. There has been some significant maintenance in that time, some of which you might consider repairs. The van is never let me down, but I have spent some significant money on it. It will last forever so long as you’re willing to continue maintaining it, so the mileage really isn’t that important.
Great thanks so much for the insight! Glad to hear there aren't really any glaring issues. Don't want to relive my Euro transmission replacement once I get past 100k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts