Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m 24-hr test driving this 2018 passenger van with barn doors and notice this rear-window heater wiring looks pretty after-market. Is that how they come from the factory or what?

Also, there seems te be a cap missing from the front bumper, and it looks like some kind of hose or pipe is behind it. What s it for?

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Window

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@focus805

Thanks!

I can’t believe Mercedes leaves the wires out like that, easy to yank them out when loading/unloading.
Where should that tow kit be located?

@pounce

Yeah, I ran a Carfax that indicated some ”minor” damage to the passenger side. Did not show up on Carmax’ Autocheck report, nor on Vindata.

Another thing that is weird is I found a Nevada smog check certificate in the vehicle, but the documentation states it is a California car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for your feedback. Certainly stuff to consider.

The cap covers the tow hook port. There should be a tool kit with a tow eye that screws into that port. There should be a cover too.
Where would this tool kit be located? What does it look like? Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Another thing I noticed when driving home this evening is the headlights are pretty weak, is that normal?
And there appears to be a battery under the passenger seat, is that the regular battery or the aux?

I will say that the 24-hr test drive is something every dealership should offer. There's stuff you just don't notice in a regular test drive around the block in the company of the sales guy.

After test driving for the better part of the day, I noticed:
  • buzz from the driver side AC vent in the cargo hold
  • missing tow hook cover
  • 2 recalls, stop sale issued (according to vindata.com)
  • damage reported on Carfax
  • missing service manual
  • rubber seals on sliding doors are coming loose
I'm really looking for one with keyless entry and cruise control, but those are pretty far out of state.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, aside from the unknown damage, it’s nothing major. It’s a bit smelly, too. I guess the biggest issue is the over-inflated prices. $38K out the door for a car with 50k miles, that thing had better be cherry.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It had power sliding doors, that was pretty much it. Don’t know new price, sorry.

Anyhow, I decided not to purchase. Not my color, not my options, smelly, damage reported, too expensive, even in this market.

The search continues...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm flexible on color and options if the car is in great condition. The main issue for me was that smell, kind of mold/mildew-like, unhealthy. All in all, the car was cleaned up well but it felt older than its age and mileage would suggest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts