Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
Yes, it's missing the little tow hook cover. Can be bought online. And might indicate that towing was needed.

MB is not the only vehicle to have exposed rear windshield wires. Seen it on plenty of vehicles, especially those without passenger trim surrounding everything. Maybe in the V-class it is covered up, but that's a whole different price point. And, honestly, I'm not sure how a person would unclip those wires in a window recess while unloading cargo ... they're recessed in the window well in a door the thas to be opened 90 ... 180 ... 270 degrees. In 30 years with a multitude of vehicles and a good number of barebones / cargo ones with rear window defrost ... not once was there any notion of a failure at that point. So, while it may be disappointing to see on a MB ... the Metris is a multi-function vehicle, and the passenger version may have cargo rear doors?

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
Thanks all for your feedback. Certainly stuff to consider.

Where would this tool kit be located? What does it look like? Thanks.
Common location could be under the driver's seat or glove box.

It is a tan roll-up pouch, with a few metal tools in it.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
I agree with 24hr test drive. Thing is dealers don't want people racking up miles on vehicles in 24hr periods and then not sell. Plus, there's probably a fair amount of risk involved in terms of damage to vehicles, conditioning, ... considering how many people treat vehicles, rental cars and things they don't own. Not saying most people while shopping for a car; but I can envision some abuse scenarios. Just like we hear about car thefts during or after test drives.

Anyway.
Headlights. If a person is used to super modern headlights, wants clean white or used to driving a lower vehicle with boosted lights, they may appear dim; but I have done a ton of night time driving and the lights are legal and good.

The recalls are super minor. We all got them. As far as I can discern with my vehicle, at this time nothing is wrong. But, yes, for vehicle sales, that may throw a spanner in the works.

The battery under the passenger seat is the main battery. MB and other brands have moved batteries away from the typical under the hood area for a while, whether they wanted/needed it for space reasons, balance, conditioning, ...

The manual is available online.

Tow hook cover is a $20 part.

Rubber seals ... maybe somebody pulled them loose accidentally at one time or who knows. Can always reseat them, and maybe try a couple drops of RTV silicone in a couple spots. ( what I would do, if it were too loose.

Damage. Perhaps the original or servicing dealer has more info. Sometimes they're straight forward to give information what the vehicle came in for and what was needed / ordered. I think for the most part minor issues are repaired well, just depends on what happened, where and what all was effected.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
It has to be the right fit indeed, color to some extent one might be flexible, but if it is missing some options that are must haves, then you want those, and everything else makes it seem a bit too iffy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts