Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,320 Posts
If I were buying today, I would definitely want the Distronic for freeway driving. I'd also get the cargo protection package to get the Con-pearl panels and L-tracks. And I highly recommend the cold weather and additional battery packages if you are upfitting a cargo van. The cold weather adds a bunch of insulation bags the DOG doesn't mention, in addition to heated seats and a heated and extra-capacity windshield washer reservoir. The heated seats are the bomb for early mornings in cold weather, camping or going to work!
This. If they had distronic ready to go I would have bought a Getaway. I'm actually really pleased with what I got this time around so it worked out, but our next van will have distronic. Huge safety feature for touring vehicle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They build these mini buses/vans near my home in Charleston SC. If you want a Metris/V-Klasse you should look in that region. The dealers and shops are super familiar with them. Once I get set I plan to go to Charleston to get some support for my side door issues.

·
Super Moderator
649 Posts
Icerabbit is right. It's an allocation and supply chain issue for the most part. Metris vans will be extremely hard to find while the USPS order works it's way through the factory. We were responsible for sales of more Metris vans into the market than any other account than the USPS and our 2022 allocation is nowhere near what we requested nor what the market could absorb. Alas, we'll still have a ton of happy 2022 customers but not as many as we could.
Are you only building on passenger vans now?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my 2022 Metris 135 (Canvansite Blue and crapload of options) on September 25th, 2021. It was built, according to my salesman, on the last 10 days of January. It apparently arrived in South Carolina at the end of March or the beginning of April. I was informed yesterday that the van moved status. He told me that once it cleared customs, he would have a better idea of its arrival time in Lancaster Pa. I did get the cargo van pretty well loaded but didn't get the distronic package. We are looking at at least 8 months from order to delivery...or longer. I intend to do some up-fitting after it arrives. I am having the cargo area insulated, a Maxx air fan installed on the roof, and an awning added. Luckily the up-fitter is across the street from the dealer. I use the van to tote dogs to and from dog shows so it needs to be comfortable for long trips for both people and dogs. I drove Sprinter 144 high roof for 6 years. Great van....just a lot of real estate to park and drive...when you are only carrying 2 dogs.

I heard the "discontinued" rumors too so I message the dealer...got a big NOPE.

·
Registered
2020 135WB Cargo
50 Posts
. I am having the cargo area insulated, a Maxx air fan installed on the roof, and an awning added. Luckily the up-fitter is across the street from the dealer.
Are you having your work done at Commercial Van Solutions in Lancaster? Scott and the entire crew there are great!
They installed my Maxx Air fan, swivel passenger seat and CR-Laurence window on the slider and driver’s side panel. I also had them install a ceiling panel. Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you having your work done at Commercial Van Solutions in Lancaster? Scott and the entire crew there are great!
They installed my Maxx Air fan, swivel passenger seat and CR-Laurence window on the slider and driver’s side panel. I also had them install a ceiling panel. View attachment 21090
Yes. I spoke with Scott back in February when I foolishly thought my van would be here in March. I am considering windows for the sliding doors too. How do you like the windows with the lower portion that opens? Is there enough air movement with the Maxx Air running? I was trying to find a thread with rooftop A/C and a generator for the Metris van but that doesn't seem to exist. I LOVE the swivel seat idea. I ordered mine with the heated and power seats. I will ask if he can add the swivel too. I've been driving MB for years and when the Metris came out, they couldn't give them away. They used to give me a Metris when I would drop my Sprinter off for service. I thought ...MEH......now it seems like it's just the right size. The minivan I have now is just too small and I HATE the carpet. I only wish we could get them in the 4matic...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes. I spoke with Scott back in February when I foolishly thought my van would be here in March. I am considering windows for the sliding doors too. How do you like the windows with the lower portion that opens? Is there enough air movement with the Maxx Air running? I was trying to find a thread with rooftop A/C and a generator for the Metris van but that doesn't seem to exist. I LOVE the swivel seat idea. I ordered mine with the heated and power seats. I will ask if he can add the swivel too. I've been driving MB for years and when the Metris came out, they couldn't give them away. They used to give me a Metris when I would drop my Sprinter off for service. I thought ...MEH......now it seems like it's just the right size. The minivan I have now is just too small and I HATE the carpet. I only wish we could get them in the 4matic...
They installed my Maxx Air fan, swivel passenger seat and CR-Laurence window on the slider and driver’s side panel. I also had them install a ceiling panel. View attachment 21090
Tell me how you chose that location for the Maxx air fan. I was wondering where I should mount it on the roof.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Tell me how you chose that location for the Maxx air fan. I was wondering where I should mount it on the roof.
I have my Maxxfan in the same location as Shuttergirl. I chose the location to be rearward of the rear most interior roof rib/reinforcement and forward of the exterior roof drainage channel that runs side to side. Metris drains roof water through the side channel inside the barn doors (look at the bottom right of the pic below -- not sure on the tailgate), so I really did not want to put the MaxxFan so far back that it would interfere. Make sure you get the expanded PVC interior support for the MaxxFan from Impact Products. It saved me a lot of work and is far more durable than wood.

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Sky

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Just note that it won't fit there if you have the liftgate.
Why? It's pretty far forward where I have it -- there's tons of exterior clearance. is it the interior rib?

Hood Naval architecture Boat Bumper Rectangle

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Passenger inner ceiling photo less headliner. Cord in the center is my solar wire so that wouldn't be there. Last rectangle may be smaller in a passenger due to the rear ventilation foam channel. Not sure MaxxFan would fit but this photo from my archive may help some of you.

View attachment 21135
That vent tube could present a problem. We're looking front to back?

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
435 Posts
I remember when putting mine in the fan hood extended back so when the tailgate was raised up and over the roof, they would hit. I wrote it up but it's on my antique website which might or might not work on some browsers (but is safe).
Finally got some time to write up my fan install.
http://www.windeire.ca/Maxxfan.pdf

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I remember when putting mine in the fan hood extended back so when the tailgate was raised up and over the roof, they would hit. I wrote it up but it's on my antique website which might or might not work on some browsers (but is safe).
I actually prefer your location. I put it way back to leave the max room for whatever I may roof mount, though I hope never to do that. Of course, I was also thinking that way back might give better ventilation at the rear, although now that I have it I know the MaxxFan sucks or blows way more volume than needed for Metris. It actually creates quite a nice breeze at 60% or above (I typically run it at 10% to 30% for quietude). Now, with my VERY high bed platform, I kinda like having some open air above my head.

Reactions: icerabbit
21 - 40 of 61 Posts