Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned on other thread I haven't used my Metris for about 3 months and I took it to the dealer because of an error message saying "THE INTERNAL BECKER MAP PILOT BATTERY IS MISSING OR DEFECTIVE ..." when started driving it. I've trickle charged the battery under the hood every 2 weeks, more than 24 hrs to finish each time. And today the tech called me they need more time to take a look about the attached internal battery and also mentioned about me not using the van for a long time might damage it.

So is my Metris recording everything: start/stop time, how long in use, where I'm going, ... with that Becker Map Pilot or some kind of black box in there? I've always turning on the Map just because I don't wanna see the boring way outdated radio screen: if not using it are they gonna know?

I hope Rob has all the answers.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I believe most cars post OBD II have more storage for all sorts of information in regards to driver habits. If you get into an accident, they can tell how fast you were going (if you were moving at all). Sometimes it can work for you or against you. Just like any tech device. Cell phone especially. lol

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
All cars have black boxes now, like a flight data recorder. It's been pretty standard for at least five years.

You own the data, though, the police need a warrant and probable cause.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yup, you're front SAM is keeping log of electrical function. If you leave your overhead light on, we can tell that's your battery drain and not waste time. Also, once an airbag is deployed, crash sensor, etc, we can see speed at the time. I think buckle sensors as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts