Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

I have been looking into buying/ordering a Metris for the past 2-3 weeks. I would be getting the cargo version to double as a daily driver and to transport my dogs to various events.

My van experience started with a Grand Caravan...next, I purchased a Nissan NV200. After 11 months, it was clear it was too small and not fitting my needs. So, I went to a Ram Promaster, low roof, 136 WB. I really went wild and added all the things I knew I would need....insulation, wood panels, auxiliary battery with Maxxair fan and LED lighting, Dometic Polar Cub roof A/C unit, Onan generator, temperature monitoring system (for the dogs, of course!) and more. I really do like the Promaster, but after 2 years, although it was a great road trip vehicle, it seems I am just not utilizing it the way I had anticipated. The straw that broke the camel's back has been the fact that I can't garage it, and climbing on a ladder with a snow pusher to clear several inches of snow/ice off the top of the van just isn't cutting it anymore. And although it does fit in a regular parking space, and others will disagree, using it as a daily driver in small parking lots is kind of a pain in the butt!

Enter the Metris! Seems to be the perfect size. I test drove one and I liked it. The mirrors were atrocious (I have read the threads on this topic and see that it is not an insurmountable problem) and I would absolutely want a window in the passenger side sliding door for visibility. I've learned quite a bit already from the forum....thanks for all the information. I'll be meeting with the salesman again tomorrow.. These vehicle mistakes are too costly.. I've got to find the answer! Maybe the Metris is it!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts