Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am a wannabe owner of a Metris. Next year purchase. I've taken a look at the competitors, Ford Transit, Promaster, Sprinter and GM Savana. They are all good vans but most are bigger than I want to drive on a daily basis. I have a small cabinet shop and cater to the commercial millwork market so my finished product is hauled to the site with a trailer in tow. The Metris has the right size and as a Canadian, fuel economy is high on the list. I think the robust 4 cylinder is the right choice. I am still dealing with the trailer brake issue as well if the transmission cooler has a large enough capacity for cooling. American trucks are really good at integrated trailer brakes functions. It makes it look like its part of the dash instead of an after thought. So this is one area I have to resolve ( I am picky about these things) I noticed the Metris has several advantages over the competitors when is comes to driver comfort. Things like climate control, heated seats ( I can get that in the Promaster as well) and a few small additional features makes me appreciate the Metris. I am surprised Mercedes does not advertise the fact that the Metris is galvanised. This is a big deal where I live since I live in an area surrounded by water in a very humid climate, the perfect environment for rust. The only other van that has a galvanised body is GM Savana.
I was reviewing a bunch of posts and am glad they talk about winter conditions. having driven a 4x4 truck for a number of years I know that going back to 2wd will need good snow tires. As well, I am hunting for a locking diff kit. Hope to be inspired and to inspire.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cargo van is nice...look at the cargo protection package.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts