Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My name is Florence in So Cal. A year ago a almost bought a Metris, but wanted to wait a while to see how the service history developed in the US. I bought a perfectly fine Sienna instead, but still find myself pining after a Metris. I'm hoping to get a sense of what owners like & dislike before I trade the Sienna in for a Metris.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Sienna is a fine van. My employee has one, and I think it is well made.
That being said, if you need room for cargo, I wouldn't hesitate getting a Metris.
I own a passenger model and have removed the 3rd row seats, and the 3rd 2nd row seat and have more room than my Eurovan. Having owned it only for 2 months, I can't tell you about long-term ownership.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi,
My name is Florence in So Cal. A year ago a almost bought a Metris, but wanted to wait a while to see how the service history developed in the US. I bought a perfectly fine Sienna instead, but still find myself pining after a Metris. I'm hoping to get a sense of what owners like & dislike before I trade the Sienna in for a Metris.
Thanks in advance!
Maybe tell a little about what you plan to mainly use your current vehicle for and if that would change with the Metris. Pass or Cargo? Biz or Leisure?

I can tell you ANY Metris is "Mercedes by name, utilitarian by game."

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Well, I would say that the Metris is very very Mercedes... but in the spartan European taxicab idiom of the brand. A Sienna or it’s competitors is a much much plusher vehicle.

If you are looking for a minivan variation of an E-class sedan, you are barking up the wrong tree.

If you want a minivan footprint and the capabilities of a full-size pickup truck that seats 7-8 people in passenger form, and offers performance and handling better than a midsize sedan, then you’ve found your raccoon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well, I would say that the Metris is very very Mercedes...
Wholly disagree...not by typical American brand assumptions. Engine/drive train, sure... but this van is character that no other Benz has... SUV or sedan. If the Metris turns out to hold up well over time, then it'll have a cult-like following if other brands stay out of the mid-size 'business' van market.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I say it is very Mercedes because it is a distinctly Mercedes vehicle, built in the company’s thorough (and rather arrogant) idiom.

The American view of the brand, as I have mentioned before, is inaccurate and always has been. What the brand truly stands for- safety and engineering excellence- it does so internationally. It does so across its product line, from vans to busses to military vehicles to taxicabs and luxury cars. The Metris is a Mercedes in much more than name; deeming it to not be does not fairly explain the car to somebody like the OP.

But it is not luxurious. It is a relatively normally equipped commercial van with the engineering, design, and safety thoroughness expected from the brand. An S-class has more features, more tech, and a boatload more luxury... but in engineering excellence, design thoroughness, and degree of safety in their class... they are on a level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts