Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to find an image on Google on what the dash and interior lighting looks like at night.

Does it go full dim or partial (like my B200) and how bright can it go.

If you have pictures, can you please post them? 0:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the interior package (for the passenger van) and there is ample, bright lighting.

Includes lamps for the rear passenger compartment fitted in each of the four grab handles, and a u-shaped chain of LED's in the front overhead thing. I don't know if you can set the dimness of all these lights, I have not tried, but there is an equipment book PDF available at this link that might tell you:
https://sprinterguy.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/metris-equipment-book.pdf

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm more curious about the dashboad lighting. I imagine its a soft white.

Here is mine in my B200 and its a soft orange backlighting for the center stack (no pic).

Attachments

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Instrument cluster is a soft white- I miss the old front-lit orange. The buttons are an soft orange back lot, and if you get the premium overhead console, the center console soft orange front lit, which is not dimmable.

Rear lighting is dependent on options- either an Edison bulb or LEDs depending.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'll have to visit the dealer at night to see it in action.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. And the center stack (where the radio is) has white back lighting as well? Mine has orange.

Reactions: MOWO

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's not a Vito, that's a V-class. That particular model is a mid-length V250 of fairly decent equipment, definitely not loaded, either. Before tax, about $68k. A loaded one touches $80k.
Ugh. I though V was for Vito. :grin:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thank you. And the center stack (where the radio is) has white back lighting as well? Mine has orange.
Attached a few cellphone photos and here's link to short video.

Attachments

Reactions: Road_Ghost

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks MOWO. Just like in my car now.

Reactions: MOWO

·
Registered
598 Posts
Thanks MOWO. Just like in my car now.
You're welcome. Hopefully it'll help out others who are considering the Metris and wanted to see what the instrument lighting looks like at night. I didn't pay it much attention until your post, but I do remember when I was shopping around for a cargo van I particularly didn't like the RAM Promaster City with it's 'all-orange' lighting.

Reactions: Road_Ghost

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're welcome. Hopefully it'll help out others who are considering the Metris and wanted to see what the instrument lighting looks like at night. I didn't pay it much attention until your post, but I do remember when I was shopping around for a cargo van I particularly didn't like the RAM Promaster City with it's 'all-orange' lighting.
One reason I never went Audi is because their lighting was predominately red. The only red I want to see is an emergency type light (oil, overheating, voltage, etc).

The Dodge Caravan Crew I drove was really annoying with this screen shot. I had to dim it down. Bright red and white is distracting as the main focus. see image.

My favourite is from Saab (RIP Thanks GM!:mad:) Green primary, orange secondary PLUS Night Panel. I would consider a Saab again, just for their dash lighting. :grin:

https://youtu.be/Xgh2zbifn7E

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
Many love - hate (more of the former) with this Metris, can't wait to post my 5,000 mile review. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts