Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to change to intensity of the interior lights on the passenger van? They are way too bright when turning on the rear lights to see why the kids are fighting or whatever while driving at night. It would be nice to have a "mood" lighting intensity setting, but revert to full brightness when a door opens.

I haven't plugged my OBD (Ross-Tech VagCom) in yet to poke around, but assuming I'll need an MB-specific connection.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have an expensive "vag-com" (Mercedes star diagnostic system) and have found no changes i was able to make. (And yes, I'm familiar with that VW tool)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang. I have the individual area/reading lights on the sides. What I'm wanting is probably a detailed hack deep in the code.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there a way to change to intensity of the interior lights on the passenger van? They are way too bright when turning on the rear lights to see why the kids are fighting or whatever while driving at night. It would be nice to have a "mood" lighting intensity setting, but revert to full brightness when a door opens.

I haven't plugged my OBD (Ross-Tech VagCom) in yet to poke around, but assuming I'll need an MB-specific connection.
I also have Vagcom. Were you able to do anything with it on the Metris. I thought it was only for VW/Audi.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't tried on the Metris yet, but I used the vagcom on a Lexus once and successfully diagnosed the problem. It reads the basic codes / "readiness" and can reset the check engine on any car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts