Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope Rob can throw us a answer. Most people know the how and why DI engines can get dirty intake valves and the negative effect it has on a smooth running engine and decrease in performance. Has anyone had any issues? I was just about to buy a can of CRC intake valve cleaner. You can youtube it and it seems fairly simple. The problem is the location of the throttle body. I was going to insert my borescope into the intake manifold and look at the ports, I can't do it on this arrangement. I'm not having problems just wondering. I'm heading out to Colorado next week and sort of looking over everything. One thing that stands out about this engine is, I've not added oil since last oil change, 9000 miles of driving. Remarkable.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Running premium you should be fine. On my other cars I run a bottle of Techron though every year or so, Never had a prob, but they require premium too.

Reactions: Vercingetorix

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not having to add any oil is normal for a healthy MB engine. My M112 in my E320 has 159k miles and uses/loses nothing between oil changes too. My brother has a 2009 E350 with 140k on it and never has to add any between changes either.....nor do I have to add any to my GLK250 diesel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts