Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thought I'd provide an update to the GTRV pop tops. We do, indeed, fabricate our own pop top these days. It is more substantial than the Reimo shells and can carry higher load. They are fastened down with clamps (not straps), are painted to match the color of your vehicle, and come with an upper bunk that can be removed if not needed. Pricing ranges between $8,900 and $9,400 plus Ca sales tax.

Additionally, we have a top for the extended 135" Metris as well!
Ihave one of your old pop tops. It has worked great for the last few years!
But it has the strap tiedowns. Do your new clamps work with the old top?

·
Banned
52 Posts
Thought I'd provide an update to the GTRV pop tops. We do, indeed, fabricate our own pop top these days. It is more substantial than the Reimo shells and can carry higher load. They are fastened down with clamps (not straps), are painted to match the color of your vehicle, and come with an upper bunk that can be removed if not needed. Pricing ranges between $8,900 and $9,400 plus Ca sales tax.

Additionally, we have a top for the extended 135" Metris as well!
How do you finish the interior on a 135" top? I would like to install wall panels and add top later since there appears to be a waiting time. Could you post a pic of the inside of a 135? I will have upholstered walls. I can get extra material.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am driving my van this weekend to Santa Cruz Camper to install the Reimo roof ! Exiting. Thank you for all the tips!
Can someone recommend an Extractor Fan for the roof? I found this Max X Air but it seems to have only one speed and the handle is in the way and I will bump my head... :-(

I had 2 MaxFan Deluxe in my van that I never used use (because they had voltage sensitivity issue) and they let the noise get in next to my head when driving on freeway (you cannot close them completely)... and they "too visible"..

I prefer a small air extractor and crack the side windows open. (More discrete for stealth camping in the city when the Pop Top is down). Ideally with a few speeds...
Can you help me and recommend a good extractor fan I can mount in the Reimo Pop Top!?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts