Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate distance between the front seats in the cab to the rear seats? As in the approximate distance of the back of the drivers seat to the back of the third row seat, if that makes sense!

I am curious if one would be able to fit laying down on a bedframe that incorporated the farthest rear seats as the end of the bed frame (that way one can keep seats for passengers/have a bed).

Just wondering if it’s possible with the distance. I’m 5’6 & my partner I share my current van with is 5’10. We have a Sienna and we’re just peaking into the metris.

Thanks so much :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate distance between the front seats in the cab to the rear seats? As in the approximate distance of the back of the drivers seat to the back of the third row seat, if that makes sense!

I am curious if one would be able to fit laying down on a bedframe that incorporated the farthest rear seats as the end of the bed frame (that way one can keep seats for passengers/have a bed).

Just wondering if it’s possible with the distance. I’m 5’6 & my partner I share my current van with is 5’10. We have a Sienna and we’re just peaking into the metris.

It's about 5'6". You might get a little more with the driver's seat positioned all the way forward.

·
Registered
27 Posts

That is the setup that I use. I am 5'10". My metris passenger with middle row removed is my family van but I can comfortably sleep inside with a cot when camping. With a front seat upright and forward a bit, you can get about 73" to the rear bench seat. I use a coleman comfortsmart cot. The specs of the cot say 69" long but a pillow can sit towards the end against the rear seat and works well. 5'10" maybe 5'11"is about the max height to sleep this way without worrying about touching on either side (that would bug me). Obviously the cot head end support is folded up. The cot middle and foot support need to be put on something to make the bed level. I just use some metal racks from the container store that are about 5" tall. I'll get some pictures up soon for you

·
Registered
27 Posts

Here is my setup for sleeping in the van. Like this it is 74" from end to end. I actually do have swivels and as was mentioned, that could be used to add a good bit more length.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts