Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

(im)patiently waiting

12K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  DerDichter 
#1 ·
Ordered new Metris Cargo on 12/8. Have heard nothing since. I know I'm whining, but I think MB would have some mechanism for the dealer to indicate "customer special order" and so put a priority on getting the thing built and delivered. Apparently not.... Still, I hope the thing shows up before spring.

#3 ·
I didn't get any updates from the dealer when I ordered mine. Every so often I would e-mail the salesman for an update and sometimes got a reply and sometimes not. The last time I contacted him, he replied "it will be here Wednesday!" It took 13 weeks to the day from order to delivery.

#5 ·
METRISP - Metris Passenger Van
VCP - Cold Weather Package
VJP - Driving Assistance Package
VGP - Comfort Seat Package
D12 - Roof Rails
E28 - Additional Battery for Retrofit
L16 - Halogen Fog Lamps
Q24 - Cross Member with 5000lbs Towing Capacity
RL8 - Light-Alloy Wheels 7 J x 17, 5-Spoke Design
W65 - Tailgate
W78 - Fixed Window w/ Defroster and Washer/Wipe

Ordered Nov 1 2017, arrived in 10 weeks.

#28 ·
Jeez, ordered 1/6/18. Originally said May, now September.

#12 ·
Ordered my Metris September 21st, picked it up February 27th. The dealer apologized for the wait but said that it looked as if it was going to get worse in the future, and that he couldn't get any to keep on his lot. So just as Robb said, looks as if these are getting popular.

#14 ·
Don't forget to have your dealer reset the maintenance timer... or get used to ignoring the nag maintenance warnings!
The date starts from when it rolls out of the factory. Mine had all of 4K miles and the **** Service A light went on.
Upon delivery, it sat at the port in the US for over 4 months waiting for Mercedes to release them to the Dealer.
Arrive in US in Oct, released to the Dealer in March....
Geez!!

#21 ·
Long time lurker. This forum so helpful to get variety of experiences and input.
My dealer special ordered passenger back July 19,2017. Supposed to get Thanksgiving 2017, then Xmas, then Jan 11,2018 build date. Then dealer doesn't return calls for weeks. I bicycle to dealer (yep I sold my Sienna in October believing dealer manager build dates). Suddenly Mercedes Rep involved 'to get the ball rolling"?? What the what?. Another week passes. Announcement-- New Build Date? 6-8-2018....I kid you not. Dealer Manager refuses loaner car, or replace one of their other orders, or even any discount.

#30 ·
I finally got a production date, so it is starting to feel like I might actually someday get a van! June 10, 2018. They still tell me I won't have it until September.

#33 ·
Yes, lf they sell me a 2018 in September it had better be very CHEAP! The order printout has a weird note:

"A9B -- Decade Changed by Confirmation" What does that mean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.