Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered new Metris Cargo on 12/8. Have heard nothing since. I know I'm whining, but I think MB would have some mechanism for the dealer to indicate "customer special order" and so put a priority on getting the thing built and delivered. Apparently not.... Still, I hope the thing shows up before spring.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Relax. Read this.

I wish they could have indicated "Customer special order who works for your dealership"

And congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I didn't get any updates from the dealer when I ordered mine. Every so often I would e-mail the salesman for an update and sometimes got a reply and sometimes not. The last time I contacted him, he replied "it will be here Wednesday!" It took 13 weeks to the day from order to delivery.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
276 Posts
METRISP - Metris Passenger Van
VCP - Cold Weather Package
VJP - Driving Assistance Package
VGP - Comfort Seat Package
D12 - Roof Rails
E28 - Additional Battery for Retrofit
L16 - Halogen Fog Lamps
Q24 - Cross Member with 5000lbs Towing Capacity
RL8 - Light-Alloy Wheels 7 J x 17, 5-Spoke Design
W65 - Tailgate
W78 - Fixed Window w/ Defroster and Washer/Wipe

Ordered Nov 1 2017, arrived in 10 weeks.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I ordere mine in May of 2015 , got it 10/28 of 2015. Admittedly my vehicle was the third retail delivery of Mattress vans in the United States

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered 12/8/17. today is 3/1/18 - still not built, but it is finally scheduled for production.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Its probably because these vehicles are so popular! /s

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ordered my Metris September 21st, picked it up February 27th. The dealer apologized for the wait but said that it looked as if it was going to get worse in the future, and that he couldn't get any to keep on his lot. So just as Robb said, looks as if these are getting popular.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Don't forget to have your dealer reset the maintenance timer... or get used to ignoring the nag maintenance warnings!
The date starts from when it rolls out of the factory. Mine had all of 4K miles and the **** Service A light went on.
Upon delivery, it sat at the port in the US for over 4 months waiting for Mercedes to release them to the Dealer.
Arrive in US in Oct, released to the Dealer in March....
Geez!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Van is built and in Germany, even has a VIN. Now dismantle, ship to Charleston, re-assemble. Anyone know how long it took to take delivery once built?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My Sprinter took about 1 month to get to the dealer from SC. Dealer contacted me in Early December and said it would get here before year end. She was spot on.
I would expect the same with the Metris.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Metris delivery delays

U are lucky. Ordered mine in Mid Nov. Salesman now says to be built in JUNE!!! After first saying 5 months ( as did 2 other dealers)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts