Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
You don’t have to weigh your van, just take the gross vehicle weight rating and subtract the payload. I would imagine it varies by several hundred pounds between a basic cargo in a loaded passenger, perhaps as many as 500.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know how to do all that...I have 2000 hours as a C-130 loadmaster, I could you give basic weight, zero fuel weight, allowable gross and center of gravity...figure fuel burn, max takeoff...sorry tow weight..work the tie down angles on the load...for max strength. I can also provide shoring formulas for max floor PSI limits. Lol I hauled a load of logs to the dump and they weigh you going in and coming back out. Just threw it out there if anyone was curious.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bought my 2016, 8 passenger van in June 2016, about 36K miles now. Still love it. With my average passenger load I'm sure mine goes over 5000 lbs.and I'm still flabbergasted at the way the little turbo 4 pulls this thing around.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm still flabbergasted at the way the little turbo 4 pulls this thing around.
Yes, I simply marvel at what a hoot this thing is to drive around.

I have an Audi Q7 SUV with a 3 liter 6, supercharged, and the van is more fun to drive. And, I have the cargo van. (The Audi is quieter inside, though).

The audi's supercharged engine lacks low end torque (how is that possible), and stubbornly refuses to downshift unless one stabs the accelerator pedal. And, most annoyingly, after a forced downshift with the left steering wheel paddle, the Q7 reverts to full auto and upshifts 10 or so seconds later just when you least want it. The merc's use of the left paddle to downshift and never go above that gear until canceled is far better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I weighed my ‘17 cargo on a job awhile back loaded with equipment and myself it weighs 5500 lbs. It is amazing how it well it handles with a load everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts