Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other licenced contractor's on here?

On Our Sprinter van's, we are running the American Van Quip steel shelving.

New LWB Metris coming soon and I'm trying to pick shelving and ladder racks.

Been looking at the Ranger aluminium shelving (for payload saving) but I'm curious as to the floor floor space between the shelves.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KB,

Thats actually better then I thought.

Not quite wide enough for any condenser bigger than a 2 ton, but we have other vehicles (Sprinters) for change-outs, and a pickup, warehouse man that can run us bigger things if needed.

We are using the Prime hydraulic ladder racks on the bigger vans, but it not needed on the Metris.
Are you using a ladder rack, and if so do you recommend it, or would you choose differently ?
Our service trucks carry a 24' extension and a 8' foot step.
A 4' footer rides inside.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks KB,

Thats actually better then I thought.

Not quite wide enough for any condenser bigger than a 2 ton, but we have other vehicles (Sprinters) for change-outs, and a pickup, warehouse man that can run us bigger things if needed.

We are using the Prime hydraulic ladder racks on the bigger vans, but it not needed on the Metris.
Are you using a ladder rack, and if so do you recommend it, or would you choose differently ?
Our service trucks carry a 24' extension and a 8' foot step.
A 4' footer rides inside.
I also have the same prime design drop down on mine so I can't recommend anything else. Maybe, you can get the dropdown on one side and just go with a clamp down on the other side for the step ladder. That's what I did.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have the same prime design drop down on mine so I can't recommend anything else. Maybe, you can get the dropdown on one side and just go with a clamp down on the other side for the step ladder. That's what I did.
I thought the PrimeDesign would be overkill on the shorter Metris, But i do love them on the Sprinters.

I was thinking of using this Prime Design version called Alumirack.
And added two pipe carriers like these.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I thought the PrimeDesign would be overkill on the shorter Metris, But i do love them on the Sprinters.

I was thinking of using this Prime Design version called Alumirack.
And added two pipe carriers like these.
Yeah, that's decent but with the clamp down you'll never forget to "strap" the ladder down. Although, I still use one for added safety. I'm not sure if it's necessary?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back door work table

Has anybody used one of these?

I put one on every van I drive, best thing since sliced bread, especially for working on motors smaller items

They are about 26 inches tall and about 16 inches wide whe mounted to the door, anybody with barn doors That can measure their’s to see if it could be used on a Metris

https://www.americanvan.com/media/c...f78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/D/W/DWS-21.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts