Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I need to start by saying that I am very sensitive to the difference between a replaceable van and the human misery of flooding. My prayers are with all my brothers and sisters who may be affected by Hurricane Florence.

Having said that, my ordering saga began last January. I was notified a few weeks ago that Phantom 135 had landed in South Carolina with a 9/19 VPC. So, amazing as it may seem, I think my van is sitting in shipping containers at Ladson waiting for assembly. I hope it's up high.

My sales person volunteered that as of 9/11 am the facility had been evacuated. Does anyone know any other news?

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The storm is going to have its worst effects to the north (that is the nature of an anti-clockwise cyclonic storm dragging moisture via its wind spire). I would tend to think the facility should be fine.

Personally I think the evacuation of South Carolina the way that it has been done was foolish; it jammed up the roads and slow down the evacuation of areas between Wilmington in Jacksonville NC Which is really where the brunt of this is going to land.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts