Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've been shopping for a Metris I've found that the options and packages can be very confusing and many sellers (quite a few dealers even) don't often document them correctly. I'm curious if there is a way to tell, by looking at the vehicle or maybe pictures, if it is equipped with the blind spot assist, parking assist or other safety features.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
939 Posts
You can scroll options in the cluster to activate/deactivate them if available.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have both the parking assist and blind spot assist. My front and rear bumpers have a number or sensors, slightly smaller than a dime and they are dark red in color. I'm not sure which systems use those sensors but they might be a quick clue when looking at a vehicle.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Vans equipped with LKA and/or parktronic have a bank of blank switches (plus one or two actual buttons) on the light switch assembly above the light switch. Vans not equipped do not have that bank of blanks; they have a vent.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vans equipped with LKA and/or parktronic have a bank of blank switches (plus one or two actual buttons) on the light switch assembly above the light switch. Vans not equipped do not have that bank of blanks; they have a vent.
So, I can't post a link to this directly on account of my low post count. But I created a set of images to illustrate this. I was hoping to seek critique and feedback.
audiovidual. postach.io . /post/metris-lane-keep-assist-and-or-parktronic

Sorry if this offends anyone. I guess I need to figure out how to get my post count up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, on my van there are on/off buttons for lane assist and park assist right above the headlight control. As for blind spot, the side mirrors have a pretty obvious triangle cutout at the lower outside corners. In addition you should be able to see the cutout for the lane assist camera when you look at the windshield from outside. It's just to the left side of the rear view mirror. It's just not as obvious because of the black background around it.

I

·
0 Posts
You can run the VIN with a VIN decoder; it will be a bit cryptic but will list all options the vehicle has:

datamb.com

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can run the VIN with a VIN decoder; it will be a bit cryptic but will list all options the vehicle has:

datamb.com
Excellent! The only problem I've run into is if I try to run a lot of VINs in a row it starts to pop up the "human test" with images that you have to pick. Like selecting all the squares that have fire hydrants etc. Once that happens, it takes a long time to verify that I'm flesh and blood.

Also, here's the link to the page I was trying to post earlier. I think I have enough posts to do this now...

Please correct me here if my page has errors. Hopefully it's useful to someone.

https://audiovidual.postach.io/post/metris-lane-keep-assist-and-or-parktronic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts