Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys

I just bought a 2016 metris 7 passenger van. I want to take off all inside panels to change it as cargo only. But there are airbags and speakers. Does anyone know if there is any problem if I take off the air bags? is it easy to install all stuffs back after I take off everything? I tried to find all van modify videos but those are for sprinter.:frown: Does anyone have a similar experience? I appreciate you guys help. Thanks:smile:

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
340 Posts
If you disconnect ANYTHING associated with the air bag system (ABS), its a very safe bet that you'll be seeing some fault indicators on the dash. It won't matter if you simply disconnect a component and then immediately reconnect it without turning the key. That was my experience with removing the seats to install swivels. There are sensors in each seat that are a part of the ABS. A Zurich ZR13 code reader will reset the ABS lights on a 2016 cargo van, not sure about newer models. If you disconnect the start battery first, you shouldn't get the ABS lights if everything is reconnected properly when you're done.

G

·
I spoke to a wrench who said that there are modules that replicate the signal of a connected airbag to the ECM. You unplug the harness for the curtain bags from the connector and substitute the module. It would be good if it were that simple. I will contact him again for more details when it becomes more important to me. I have found nothing like that during my web searches. We can pursue this as a group though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts