Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Installing...
Not sure if other Metris models have this but there is a little stamped sheet metal plate with a U shape extension inset towards the seat center...Whatever it is, this extra bit keeps the seats sliding rails from sitting flush on the top plate of the swivel base.

I had the same problem using Sportscraft swivel adapters and glued down washers as spacers just like you. Good to know the other bases need the same treatment.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just installed the Travois swivel today, works like a charm and install was way quicker than expected. Seat positioning is a bit of a key when maneuvering but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Its amazing how much space is created when the chair is rear facing. Thanks for the install directions
well ZdoubleDubs, I also have swivels from Travois I do not know how other swivels look like but the Travois kind/make, is absolutely perfect I did not read instruction so I had to do it twice :) the first time I did not run the wires trough the center if you know what you are doing it should take max 15 minutes maybe 20 for both sides, I keep going every day to my Metris to turn the seats, sit back and enjoy the view :) Tomorrow we are going to Texas to see lots of Czech friends at a barn fire expecting about 600 from all over the world, now I can invite them to my Metris for coffee :) two at a time:) What a joy, Travois is the best, thank you Daniel for the joy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You're welcome Baron. Let me know if you have any questions. The individual E12 external Torx socket was a bit tricky for me to find locally. If you need one, here's an Amazon link: http://amzn.to/2H6MEgb
@ Peter Thomsen, finally have the swivels :) did not follow you instruction but because of that I am now expert I did have to do it 2x I did not run the wires trough the center the first time, and had to pay dealer Mercedes Benz in Westminster Colorado $168.00 to reset the computer,(it takes 3 minutes to reset, I did remember to disconnect battery but the seat belt icon came on anyhow than even the icon for the engine came on I have no idea why I would say warranty issue,...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep. The red tipped release handle is on the inside so that the passenger seat will swivel counterclockwise from forward facing.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Did the deed today. Installing the Travois SCOPEMA Rib passenger seat swivel was easy peasy. Had to guess on torque for the allen heads went low at around 10 foot-pounds and it was very tight.

Pix attached

Attachments

Reactions: Tree95

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was able to use a 10mm socket to take out the torx head bolts with no problem.
They don't get re-used, so I don't think it matters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, its a 6mm allen key. Not 10 :/ hah good thing ace was only a block away.. cause my battery is in the driveway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed one in my 2019 cargo on passenger side that has the eco start battery and second battery under drivers side, decided to roll the dice and only disconnect the main battery under the passenger seat and that worked no airbag code thrown.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently installed the Scopema RIB swivel on the my passenger side, and it squeaks like no other. Its been on for over a month now, and as I drive down the road and chair wiggles with the car and the swivel is constantly squeaking/clicking. I've tried shoving some felt tape between all of the connection points to reduce the metal-on-metal, and that seemed to have no effect. I just lubricated the actual swivel portion to see if that was the issue, but to no avail.

Has anyone else had problems with their install being so noisy like mine? And were you able to figure out a fix? Almost makes me want to remove it, which is a bummer after all the dough spent to buy one of these.. I should note that when there is someone sitting weighing it down there is no squeaking/clicking as the seat isn't able to move as much.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I recently installed the Scopema RIB swivel on the my passenger side, and it squeaks like no other. Its been on for over a month now, and as I drive down the road and chair wiggles with the car and the swivel is constantly squeaking/clicking. I've tried shoving some felt tape between all of the connection points to reduce the metal-on-metal, and that seemed to have no effect. I just lubricated the actual swivel portion to see if that was the issue, but to no avail.

Has anyone else had problems with their install being so noisy like mine? And were you able to figure out a fix? Almost makes me want to remove it, which is a bummer after all the dough spent to buy one of these.. I should note that when there is someone sitting weighing it down there is no squeaking/clicking as the seat isn't able to move as much.
Mine has been dead silent. Something is not right

Reactions: jtm95
41 - 53 of 53 Posts