Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the front door panel, please?

It seems that where the door release handle is, I believe there is still one more screw somewhere, but I don't know how get hold of it?

Any help highly appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
you need a body panel tool and the pull the long piece out by the grab handle (comes out front to back iirc but could be back to front so be careful). The window controls come out too (just pry it out) and there's a screw under the door handle that comes out but the handle itself stays with the door panel (need to remove the cable once the panel is free). Trickiest part for me was getting the top of the panel to separate from the door. When it goes back in the window seal is installed first and then the door panel but when it comes out everything seems to come out at once. Then there are a couple electrical connectors that come out with the panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks very much for the info!

I had already removed the long part and the three torx screws, but it was this door handle sort of hidden screw which held back. It was under an o-patch, 5 cent coin sized.

Do I really need to remove the window controls from the panel too, is there something which attaches to the door panel to something in the inner door panel?

I thought it was pretty tricky already but now you scared me a bit with the top and bottom panel part separation pahse and the window seal... =o

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, will try to do it tomorrow.

Are there any airbag related wires in the door to be aware of, please? I know the passenger seat has a sensor, so one should be cautious when removing the seat.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't remember any. I was in there to replace the power mirror after my other half smashed the passenger side mirror and assembly on one of the giant trash bins we have in town. Although it was to avoid a head on so probably the right choice in the end. good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't remember any. I was in there to replace the power mirror after my other half smashed the passenger side mirror and assembly on one of the giant trash bins we have in town. Although it was to avoid a head on so probably the right choice in the end. good luck.
Has any one had experience removing the interior panel of the sliding doors on a 2019 passenger van. I have removed the rear panels (sides and rear) but can only get the bottom 90% of slider off. Seems to be sealed to the window sill? Any ideas? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts