Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrote this the other day, and lost it on my computer while I was waiting to confirm the Torx bit size when I got home.

NOTE: THIS IS FOR A 3 RAIL SETUP EURO RAIL ONLY. WE DID NOT INSTALL A 4TH RAIL, DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND HAVING TO DROP THE FUEL TANK TO PROPERLY INSTALL.

Tools needed:
3/8 Ratchet
3/8 Extension
Torx socket (Size: T45)
A good retractable razor blade (OLFA brand are awesome)
Straightedge (I used drywall t-square)
Flat head screw driver (adjusting the rail sliding mechanism)
Chopsticks (I could not find my magnet, so needed to use chopsticks to remove some bolts that fell into the channel of the rails. lol)
Blower to blow out the dirt from the rails as well as the dirt that filled in the torn bolt indentations. You want the torx bit ti set all the way in to the bolt head to not strip anything out.
Shop Vac for Cleanup

We recently purchased 2019 Metris Passenger Van, and the first thing we did was searched these forums for a bunch of great ideas and aftermarket mods.

The first purchase I made was swivel adapters for the front seats, and install went well but I rushed and ordered a taller height from Travois, when I should've ordered the slimmer profiles ones.

Second purchase was to fix the seating arrangement and comfort for our two kids. We came across the Euro Sliding Rails and 2+1 seat at Metrisseats.com. I called Surinder and he took the time to go over all the different options they had explain the advantages and disadvantages for each scenario of seating I was considering.

We ultimately opted on just getting one 2+1 bench seat for now with the extended Euro slider rails. The slider rails were a must since we wanted the flexibility to adjust the row easily and gained an additional 12-13" of slidable range. The stock 2nd row position is too close the the front seats when they're swiveled to the rear, and we wanted the option to have a living room area or table to feed our 2 and 4 yo.

Needless to say we ordered the seats and had them LTL freight straight to our house. Ordered and paid for the seats, and Surinder had them on their way. It took 11 days to arrive to Florida from California. It was palletized and crated very well.

Upon delivery, we cleaned out the van and had already dropped off our stock benches at our storage unit prior to the delivery. The rails were labeled front and back with masking tape and also had yellow masking tape notations of where to press down on the sliders to be able to position them.

Stock rails are 72" and the Euros are 85" in length allowing for greater range to slide the seats. 6 torx bolts per rail need to be removed and rails pull right out. Instead of measuring I slid the euro rail into the stock slots in the flooring to mark the length at which I needed to cut. ad 1/8 of inch to mark to give you a slight bit of play to make sure you can line up the bolt holes.

cutting out flooring to fit extended rails. This was my first cut with a cheap razor blade.

Found my OLFA retractable blade with blade lock and made a world of difference. When cutting I scored first which is 3 layers total. First layer is the rubber black material, then a transparent hard plastic, and then the insulation material. I ended up have to trim out a little bit more cause the bold holes didn't line up (the 1/8" extra I told you to add to your marking).

New rail fit perfectly. Used factory bolts to secure in place. (Note: you need to move sliders around to access all the bolt holes). To move slider mechanism, use a flat head screw drive press down on the disengaging tab (Marked by Surinder with the yellow masking tape) and at the same time push forward or back ward to reposition.

Surinder suggested the easiest way to install was from the side door and to line up the sliders with a straight edge before installing the bench seat. This is where the dry wall t-square came in handy, to line up and make sure they were perfectly perpendicular to the rails.

He also suggested laying some scrap plywood on the flooring to set the bench in the van prior to lining up to prevent indentions in the rubber flooring, but I had another set up hand to help me.

Seats in, and the headrests were tucked underneath the seat during transportation.

Tons of storage if needed.
Independently reclinable seat backs that also can fold forward, and the plus one jumper seat can be removed or flipped up for easy access to 3rd row. (Pictured also with the front seat swivels)

Very happy with our purchase so far. Hope this is useful for future members.

Attachments

·
Premier Upfits Co. Metrisseats.com
56 Posts
Very good detailed write up Ron !!! I am sure other members now have a lot of information regarding the Euro OEM reclining and sliding seat upgrade option. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts