Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be Rob can help me here.

I bought the HID kits for fog lights (lifetime warranty on the ballasts) and had the local shop to install them. I just noticed one of the bulb (or ballast) is out and tried to find a way to access the bulb but have no idea how. Checked every page on owner manual but couldn't find anywhere showing how to change the fog light bulbs. I have no idea how the local shop put them on, did they remove the bumper?

Please help!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just had access to this while trying to remove a dead bird from the intercooler (which can not be accessed from below btw). You can get to the fogs by removing the wheel well liners or the underbody plastic (the under engine piece first and the under bumper section second).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had access to this while trying to remove a dead bird from the intercooler (which can not be accessed from below btw). You can get to the fogs by removing the wheel well liners or the underbody plastic (the under engine piece first and the under bumper section second).
Thanks! I just can't believe they make that much trouble to just replace the light bulbs: it's supposed to be no tool needed.

BTW, do I need to jack up both front wheels and where's the spot I can use to do it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Some people jack up by the axle and that's a standard practice with just about all vehicles. It's a great way to get an entire front end or rear end up.

However it's always best to have the vehicle supported by jack stands on both sides. As always the more support the better, safety is important.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I see y'all have it handled. Woulda been here sooner but someone took my shop computer where I browse in my free time...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Reviving this a bit - I would like access to one of the following:

Fog light wiring, the fuse for fog lights (doesn't look like they are on their own from what I can discern) or what wire coming from behind the light switch controls the fogs.

I have some additional lighting that I want to activate the same as the fogs....

How involved is removing the wheel well liner? I'd rather not have to tackle the under tray stuff.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You don't have to remove the wheel well liner, just the plastic skid plate, same one you would remove to change the oil. I would not jack up be the axle, use a solid structural spot or the jack points shown in the manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts